Any advice for being a dog?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by jameslyons, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

So I slept with someone who I really have no interest in whats so ever. Feeling really guilty about it. Any advice that to deal with that type of guilt that doesn't include self-injury or self-medication?
  2. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Only clearing up your own messes mate.................Does this person think there was more to it and do they want more?

You could explain, gently, that even though you respect them you feel that you don't want more contact, of any kind. Say sorry.

Might make you feel better too.
  3. thelewischild

thelewischild Member

I agree with ergo51 - it seems apologising and trying to make amends is the best answer :)
  4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

note... a woman's point of view. (hmm. not sure if that is relevant, forgive me)
    an older person's point of view......

a very honest, but kindly worded, better than avoidance, refusal to answer phone calls, turning the other way in public, etc.

not knowing......that person is unable to process or handle the situation.

but knowing the TRUTH (truth is where it all ends and begins man. seriously)
    the truth allows you to PROCESS it, grieve, deal, and move ON.

just my 2 cents. (by the way- it is hard to do. but it shows character. and eventually, the person will appreciate just what you did. .. )

all the best xxxx
  5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Good advice all. I'll take it.