Any advice on the relationship front?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Beka, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

Basically I have pretty much been able to sidestep away from any kind of romantic relationship possible for a very long time. I've been able to convince myself that relationships would be a pretty bad thing for me as I'm not a fan of explaining my situation to anyone.

But low and behold of course, some bloody guy comes along and makes me feel somewhat happy with myself. I have no idea what to do. I've asked him outright if he was playing me and he assured me he isn't, as much as I would love to believe that (known him for years and he is a pretty kind person) I can't help but think what if?

If anyone has any advice for me to keep these thoughts at bay it would be greatly appreciated..It's pretty much the first time I have been this comfortable with anyone but I'm not in any plans to rush.

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Take it one day/week/month at a time - if he continues to make you feel happy with yourself, then it's got to be worth a try?

I can understand that you are convinced relationships are bad for you on the angle of not wanting to explain your situation to anyone - but when it's someone you've known for years - there's something in there that's kept you two in touch at least.

From a different perspective - I've taken a similar approach - no rush, no mess, no fuss - and I'm still with my partner a year later. It can work - even without knowing everything that goes on.

Worth a try in my book - especially if it works towards happier times.

3. Painful2b

Painful2b New Member

I think it's cool you found someone who makes you happy! Isn't that why we get depressed, from being lonely? I say pursue it. You've known him for years and that makes the best relationships. Let us know how it goes. :)

4. dizgrace

dizgrace Member

Go for it!

5. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

Fighting_the_tide has a point.... Isn't it worth keeping going with the thing that is making you happy, even if there are doubts, insecurities, dissatisfactions? If it's making you happy, isn't it automatically doing you good?

See how you feel about being totally honest. Speaking about what you want / hope for / fear / feel. But be sure he's ready to hear it, and be sure to discuss the difference between feelings and facts - so that he understands you are expressing and sharing and not blaming or asking to be saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.