Any advice on this situation.....?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lordsalisbury, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordsalisbury

lordsalisbury Well-Known Member

I'm posting here just wondering if anyone has ideas what to do in this situation. It has nothing to do with mental health issues.

I'm a bit concerned about my best friend. He lives on the other side of the world, we very rarely see each other, but over the last ten years we e-mail back and forth all the time, usually every few days, and skype occasionally. I know that he is very busy with work, and his wife is pregnant, but I haven't heard from him since the end of September. I've sent him a couple of short "are you there?" type e-mails, and had no answer.

He's probably just hyper-busy, but I'm a bit worried, because he's a fireman, so I'm thinking that something might have happened to him. I have no other way of contacting him except by e-mail - I'm not on facebook, don't have a phone number for him, no contact details for his family etc. I do have his address, but I can't see how that helps.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Was the last email from you in September? When is their baby due? They might just be busy new parents if she has already delivered. It is possible as well, that she didn't carry to full term.

If you don't know the due date of the baby, and it's been a while since you emailed, how about another one along the lines of

"Just wanted to say hi, and as I haven't heard from you recently, to say you're in my thoughts and I hope you're doing well. Please drop me a line just to let me know things are chugging along all right, if you have a chance. Best wishes to you for a safe and happy holiday season!"

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Some intensive googling of name and original/family location as well as current location may provide answers or in the absence of answers some peace of mind at least. I hope you hear from him soon.

Take Care

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.