any advice please

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by na-taya, Oct 9, 2016.

1. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

SO i am about to loose my pop, its not the first person in my life, but apart from my nan( i was 7 bad year dont remember much) this is the only other person who means an awful lot to me. as i write this i can hardly see the keys or screen through tears.

Now i am well aware that these felling as going to be intense and hard.

my problem is i am going to see him, so is a lot of my family, i CAN NOT and i repeat CAN not be in vulnerable around them.

So i was wondering of if any one had any advivce on possible what i could be expected to feel or way i am able to manage it and hold myself together until i at least arrive saftly back on my safe little bubble over the other side on Australia.

thank you in advance sorry if this is gibberish im yeah. thanks

2. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi Na-taya,
    I'm sorry :( I can't offer advice. If it were me, I wouldn't even go, that's how much I can't be vulnerable around others...I just wish you strength and courage. xxxx

3. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

Thank you

I can't it go my pop is one of the most important people to me. I live over the other side of Australia so I havnt seen him enough over the years. I have to go

Thank you again xxx

Frances M likes this.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Everyone will be going through grief, its good to go as people would be wishing they had one more time to say a goodbye.

Wear sunglasses, go to the bathroom or another room until you have composure again. Ive been with grown burly men in the family bawl their eyes out and hang their heads in shame letting their weakness show however so did everyone else in the room and being embarassed with red brimming eyes. Its being a human being. You are going to be seeing him for yourself and him, not anybody else. Ive gone through this 3 times now with the grandparents and many more times with friends/relatives and have been the only grandchild that stood guard by both bedside of grandmothers til the end. While the cousins only came in and went if they had the courage to show up. Everyone grieves in a different way. I didn't blame any of my cousins.

The only regret I had was choosing to work one more shift before driving up to see my grandfather for one last time. I missed him by few hours.

Sunglasses really helps along with a lot of quiet time somewhere else that's what helped me.

Frances M and draws like this.