Any advice

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LenaLunacy, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

On how to fade scars? I was at Mcdonalds the other day with a friend when some guys behind me started mouthing off about my scars. Calling me an emo and being generally nasty and it really got to me. Now i've quit cutting, i want to start trying to fade the scars so people stop abusing me for them. Any tips?
  2. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

i've found the otc creams like mederma to work pretty well, though it does takes a while :)
  3. hotaruyuki90

hotaruyuki90 Well-Known Member

To tell the truth... Fading the scars is a veeery long process. It all depends on how deep they are. But you can try to use some special creams. I've just started to use something called No-Scar. It has good opinions and I have to tell you that this really might work after some time :biggrin: It's sold interantionally so you can try to find it in your country :)
  4. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

Whaaaaaaaaaat. People you don't know were saying shit to you ?
    I would turn around and knock them out. No stranger has ever said a word to me and I show them in public when I'm by myself or with friends all the time.
  5. LenaLunacy

Thanks for the advice on the creams and such everyone. I'll certainly be looking into them and, as soon as i can afford, purchasing some :) I'll try anything to fade them.
    And Rachel, yea, i was just innocently stood in the queue at McDonalds, in a short sleeved top, when these two guys started laughing and going on about how i was an "emo" and saying i was attention seeking and i should go cut myself :/ I was like, riiiight. Idiots *rolls eyes* I'm not really the violent sort though so i couldn't just turn around and hit them xD
  6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

It depends on how deep they are, how many, etc etc. Bio oil is awesomeness for scars. You could also try vitamin E tablets... breaking them open and spreading them over your scars. It takes forever, but it does work. For the short term, get a good concealer, I guess. Take a look at if you haven't already, as well.

7. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

try vitamin e gel tabs
    hope all is well now
    take care
  8. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I have had great results stri-vectin (spelling? sorry very tired) on my three really wide thick scars. You cant see the sutures hole scars at all.

For the fresh ones Vita E gel caps is great.

I know everyone mentioned these already but letting ya know they worked well for me.

Another on nobody mentioned but actually worked well was a papaya enzyme creme I got at the health food store, it breaks down protein and is often found in meat tenderizers. I used that when they were not too old because I could not afford the fancy creams or prescribed creams the doctors offered until years later. I used it later on another type of scar and it took away that shiny glassy shean so it blended better with my normal skin.

I don' t know if you have insurance and this was long ago but the doctor said I was eligible for a surgery to cover the one on my neck. Never hurts to ask?

Sorry you had to endure those friggin comments from those jerks.
  9. LenaLunacy

Thanks for the tips everyone. My mother's going to buy me some of bio oil stuff, under the pretense that i want it for my stretch marks cos she thinks i dont have the right to conceal my scars ¬¬ And as soon as i get my cash problem sorted out, i shall be purchasing quite a few of these potential solutions, i'll try anything at the moment. So thank you all for the help :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.