Any advice?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Golden, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden

Golden Member

I'm pretty tired of my ways of life.

I'm 19-years-old, very introvert, don't really have anyone to rely on but myself and already feel a bit tired of this. Past year I had to choose what to study after school but I didn't feel like studying further because I never liked doing it. However my parents didn't agree on that and now I am in University doing some random studies I don't even remotely like. I don't blame my parents though, the job I'd get without further education would probably pay pretty bad.

I want to go on with my life and study but it's so hard for me to keep up and I am extremely demotivated. I also feel a little depressed and feel like I don't really belong in this world.
    I know this is probably easily solved but I seriously lack willpower to do anything.

Sometimes I wish life wasn't so unnecessary tiresome and complicated.
  2. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Have you ever spoken to your doctor about depression? You sound depressed and that will make it difficult for you to stay motivated and keep up.
    Also if you're in your first year at Uni it can all be a bit overwhelming and isolating anyway. You should go and talk to one of the Uni counsellors and you should really be studying something you have an interest in. It's difficult enough without doing subjects you don't really want to do.
    You may want to look into your diet too because you sound like you have no energy. Are you eating properly? Getting enough protein?
  3. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

You should go and talk to your doctor... Tell him how your feeling... He may prescribe you something or refer you to a counsellor so you can talk about your problems. I would also consider talking to your parents about your studies... It is 'your' future that you are working towards and 'you' deserve a happy one. Trust me your folks will understand this they clearly want what is best for you. Your years at university are very important and you should be studying subjects that excite you. These years will define you and you should be able to look back on them fondly. University is not just about studying either... Join some clubs, make friends with people with similar interests... the friends you make at university will be friends for life.

All the best
    Matt :smile:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good for you for pushing yourself forward and going to university. I too think if you got councilling it will help you go better at school and in not being so interverted. Ask to see a doctor at your school and see if medication can help decrease you lack of motivation which is probably depression. Get some help okay so yu don't stay in that place you in.
  5. Golden

Golden Member

I don't think food is the problem. I'm not skinny but I'm not exactly fat either. And what food consists of protein?

Depressed, also pretty unsure about that. I don't get the feeling I'm depressed. I'm not happy but also not sad. Some days I get a bit sad but I guess that's how it goes with humans.
  6. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Protein is stuff like meat and cheese. You need to eat some protein every day. You also need some carbohydrates which is stuff like bread (but not too much of that) and you need vegetables/fruit.
    You should avoid sugar especially white sugar. Some studies have shown a connection between sugar and depression.
    There's a scale thing you can do to see if you're suffering from depression, you'll find a thread on it here:
    Basically it's a list of questions that you answer and then add up the score.
    See how you do with it and get back to us.
  7. Golden

Golden Member

I got a 48/100... Not too severe but I guess it's still there.

I do eat meat, broad, fruit and cheese pretty much daily. However I think I eat too much sugar. It might be a good idea to avoid that. But there's sugar in pretty much everything, how am I supposed to do that?
  8. Golden

Golden Member

*Sigh* I'm getting really desperate. I tried studying some more but I can't. I can't concentrate at all for some reason.

I just wish I was somewhere far away from society, where people will leave me alone. I'm just not a people's person and my parents are constantly bothering me.
  9. Golden

Golden Member

Anyone out there? I just want to talk to someone...
  10. Golden

Golden Member

Anybody out there?
  11. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Don't give up Golden. You're still young and have many years to go. You sound like you just need some motivation to get going. What sorts of things do you like to do? :smile:
  12. Golden

Golden Member

I don't really know what to do at all...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.