Any help and support would be welcomed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by kona2209, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kona2209

kona2209 New Member

Hi

I am completely new to this both the forum thing and talking about how i am feeling.

I really don't know what to say or how to start ... i'm struggling to see the point in life and to continue

I have a part of me that wants to carry on trying to come to terms with my past (don't really want to go into that at the moment) and there is a part of me that just wants to give up. This part of me see's no end, no point to carry on, what has happened has happened, i cant change that and i cant stop the thoughts of that unless i kill myself and those feeling get soo soo strong but yet something stops me i guess its the other part of me.

How do i stop them? stop them getting so intense and overwhelming? How do i live a normal life? Where do i start?

2. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

To start talking, just begin typing. Type about the first thing feeling that comes to mind, and keep going wherever that takes you.

Have you tried speaking with a counselor? Told a friend/family member how you feel?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If something traumatic has happened hun talking to a professional your doctor someone that can get you the support and therapy you need to heal ok good you are talking to us here sometimes just being heard helps some hugs

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

what is normal to you? I think that we all have that duality inside, it's the way we're born. But sometimes one is too strong, and that's when we need help...have you tried talking to a professional?

I ponder that question about the past all the time, some days I put it behind me and other days I curse it all and the people in it...life is hard...but I think that by doing things we enjoy and hang out with friends and family we love balances out the bad that happens...

keep talking here :) we listen :hug:

5. kona2209

kona2209 New Member

Thanks for replying and for your support

Im currently having counselling i will be in my 2nd year although i feel i have made progress with my past etc i just cant seem to get rid of this 'pointlessness' feeling. Ive was referred to the crisis team over christmas and got discharged in jan. But these feelings just keep coming back i feel like im stuck.

6. XIIsouls

XIIsouls New Member

I think everyone has felt that lost feeling at points in their life - I know I have. I tried counselling and medication, but to be honest all the good that came out of that was it taught me the problems I needed to focus on to become happier and content with my life.
    I think the best advice I could give for that feeling, is you need to figure out why you feel that way. (my past was my reason as well) When I confronted it, and had talked about it, it became easier to overcome in time. The more you think about things the more you create different perspectives of it (and it does become more positive over time - trust me) Try to make goals for yourself; like maybe a profession you want to be in or something more simple like you want to learn how to draw. Anything you like or think is interesting. I started to write at a low point in my life, and it's amazing how much you can pour into your characters or even poetry. As long as you keep going forward and making new perspectives, you'll make it; I promise :hug:

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to forum. You are not suffering alone. Everyone here is suffering in their own way. Just let the feeling poor out, you are not alone. The feeling of crisis never go away, it takes time to recover. Please keep posting as you will find support here. All I can say like I say to others is to take one day at a time. The loneliness of a crisis is hard but it takes time to get over one. It's not just a one day cure but can it take months or years. Just keep positive and that's the important thing. Take care and respect to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.