Any help may extend my life

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by anonymonkey, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymonkey

anonymonkey New Member

Currently at home, after another disappointing night out. No idea if this forum is still going but stumbled across it on Google and who knows? Someone out there may help convince me that suicide is not the best way forward. Anyway, I have access to an uncountable amount of various sleeping pills / tranquilisers and I'm fairly sure they would be enough to give me an unconscious death. Had <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> once before and I slept for two days, so fully aware this is nowhere near enough to accomplish what I would be looking for, but have enough supply of several kinds to hopefully achieve death should I decide to. Currently desperately trying to make the decision. This is a last stop for inspiration on which way to go. This is not a cry for attention; the last thing I am looking for is attention, otherwise I would take a minor amount to 'cry for help'. This is a serious life or death decision. I am not saying that opinions on here will sway me one way or the other, but I am certainly looking for some honest advice from someone. Anyone. If you can find something to say that may be relevant, however relevant it is, please give me some advice, You don't know my general situation, and I don't know yours. But if you understand this particular situation of mine in this specific regard please feel to add anything that may be relevant to your experience. I am drunk, hence the presumable repetitiveness (is that even a word?) of this particularly length paragraph, but still in apparently sound enough mind to make an educated decision. Please don't say 'if you really wanted to do it you wouldn't have posted on here', because I do and I have. But some form of un-condescending relatability would be welcomed. Thanks, Ben.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Anonymonkey. Please do not anything as you are very current low at the moment. Have you spoken to someone or told someone about your feelings. Please call a helpline and talk to someone. Do not think you are alone, as others on this forum have hit rock bottom and manage to survive.

It's hard at the moment for you but you will find great support here in your hour of need. We all reach rock bottom, but trust me you can pull through it. It takes time to get over such thoughts. I respect you been honest but it might be worth explaining what has driven you to this (your decision entirely). You will find great support on this forum.

I hope this post helps you, please take care and keep posting.

3. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Hey you :) let me tell you overdoses are not good. Really not. Got an overdose of the wrong pills, felt sick still a week after, didn't die, bad idea. Killing oneself is just the same bad idea. I would say I'm healed from that now, after my last attempt. And I quite had a few, but overdose was definately the worst idea ever, the rest was just "smaller" things, kind of overdose, but without the over somehow. So my piece of advice for you: don't kill yourself as it may cause the worst feeling you ever had.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Can you tell us a little about your current situation and why you want to end your life? Knowing what you're going through might make it easier for other members to relate to your situation and try to help.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ben, drinking alcohol makes everything seem worse on top of being suicidal as far as my personal experience with alcohol goes. You mentioned that you made an earlier attempt on your life, did you receive any sort of help then, counselling or medication. I'd really need to know more about what you are going through to give advice, such as why you are so desperate to end your life? x

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hello Ben, so glad you have reached out for some inspiration as to which way to go. Thank you for sharing with us your feelings and your plans, and we are all here to help you and support you and see you through the journey to not end your life. Your life will not be just more of what you've had up till now, once you have insights that you haven't had in your past. Where healing of the mind is concerned, it is insight that has the power to heal - I can absolutely promise you - please consider embarking on the search for insight, and I for one will help you all I can from the insights I received on my road to healing after my attempt - which I'm so very grateful for now, was interrupted :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.