Any help?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by tidus, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tidus

tidus New Member

Ok I was just hoping for some advice. I can give you some specifics first. My mom had very severe depression, so the hereditary factor is there for me. It always seems that during the winter months I get very depressed. However it is always caused by trying/wanting to get a girlfriend.

I think I am decently good looking/out going and such, but then I go out with a girl a few times and I think that Im doing things right (trying not to be too nice lol), and I really like the girl, then its over. So yea that just happened and I start to feel like I will never meet anybody or I am just doing something very wrong. Im 24 by the way and have never had a serious relationship.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

It sucks feeling like that. But trust me eventually you will find someone it just takes time. Some people go through thousands of relationships while others have none whatsoever which makes them feel bad etc. but at least they don't go through half the breakups. The right one will come along though. I don't really have much advice but I just suggest not giving up and keep on trying to meet new people. Good luck!
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have no useful advice to give you other than: you may find someone and you may not. Overly simplistic, I know, but that's the hand that's dealt you in life's card game. I've had several relationships and ended the last one ten years ago. I've given up on "finding that special someone" and am now just working on getting along with myself. And that's hard work. But I can understand your depresssion over these failed relationships. It's a bummer, for sure. Please don't put yourself down or blame yourself. It may not be anything that you can "fix". You're only 24 yrs old so you still have a chance of finding that certain someone. I'm 56 and am going to have to be content to deal with myself, much less anyone else.

Please don't give up hope - you're so young. Work on being comfortable with and liking yourself. You havee many years ahead of you. take comfort in that.:smile:
  4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound out of turn or anything, maybe you should think about what qualities you look for in a girl and decide if you have been limiting yourself to a certain type of girl. There are loads of chicks out there with your name on, you've just got to go and find yours.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.