Any helpful words would be great.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by SilhouetteOfADancer, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilhouetteOfADancer

SilhouetteOfADancer Active Member

My mood is unstable, i go through periods of being okay, sometimes happy for a few weeks, maybe a month or so, and then without warning i crash and the previous feelings of satisfaction make the crash harder to deal with. That's where i find myself now, i'm just not coping with any of it, with sleep being the way it is now, i can't get the rest i need and i feel so low almost all of the time lately, it has only been a week like this, but it feels like forever. I think about dying and i just don't know how to get through the days when tomorrow looks like a bleak vortex of suffering.

i really cannot cope with the feelings of hopelessness and feeling lost, it gets worse every day and i know nothing of what i can do when all i've seemed to do is aggravate myself. please someone try to help me, i don't know how you can, i just pray for something to emerge from this fog and give me a hand.
  2. meowmeow

meowmeow Member

I am experiencing the same thing as you right now. When things seem bad and that they won't get better, just think of something that makes you the happiest. Get your mind off of it by going outside and enjoying nature. Hang out with your friends. Pick up hobbies. Or you can pet kittens :)
  3. anotherearthplease27

anotherearthplease27 Well-Known Member

hi Izwig and meowmeow

sorry you are both are experiencing that. a big hug to the both of you.

i'm not sure if this will help you out but it did me...someone here wrote a letter to themselves and posted it...maybe you could do something like that or journaling?...

(something you can refer back to when you are feeling down)

what also helped me out that was focusing on something small that i appreciated...for me it was hearing the first bird song of the morning

i dont know...wish i did

if you want to talk pm me.
  4. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi Izwig, I know how that is . earlier this week i was feeling ok, now i feel sad i am crying, I am sorry that you are feeling so bad, you are not alone , music helps me alot. taking a walk or even helping out someone else. not getting enough sleep can really make things hard. do you have Gp ? maybe you can take something to help . I hope things get better .hang in there.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just know you are not alone with your feeling and emotions it helps hun so keep posting ok keep reaching out here I hope you have a therapist or someone you can talk to as well in real life and yes talk to your doc okay see if there is anything doc can do to help you feel better hugs
  6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I read recently that all people, males and females, experience emotional "cycles" that last anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months. It makes sense to me. Some days I feel worse than others. It's perfectly normal, we're all on our own personal roller coasters. I guess the best way to cope with it is to sleep on it and know that you'll eventually feel better, then worse again, then better again, then worse...

Okay, that doesn't sound very comforting. But I'm trying to be helpful, so I'll give you the same advice that one of the doctors gave in the article - he said to track your moods and determine how long your cycle lasts, so that you can predict when you will have good days versus bad. That way, when you know you're going to have a bad day, you can mentally prepare yourself for it. Or just call in sick and stay in bed all day and avoid it altogether.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.