Any hope left?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by MistyMaisy, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

Is there any hope left for me? My parents are putting me on restrictions for two years and threatening me because I was in a relationship where I was being abused in every way possible, but they punish me for not telling them. That's the whole reason I didn't tell them. They also forbid me from marrying the guy I love. I'm only 14 and I don't think it's right that they treat me like this and put so much pressure and emotional trouble on me. As soon as I get in from school I find myself cleaning up the house top to bottom everyday. My Mom's a stay at home Mom, too. Is there any hope left for me? I don't want to live like this for much longer..
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your parents are keeping you safe and you are too young 14 to be in a relationship school is important right now and friends yes but not serious one Do as your parent say okay they are loving you the best way the know how.
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I don't know if your family is doing what is best for you or not. Do you think you could talk them into going to family therapy? That might help.

You might want to get your own individual counciling too.

You're really young and have a lot of life ahead of you. If you can get through the difficulties of your current situation, I think you'll be ok. I hope that everything works out well!
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I used to call myself Cinderella, having to do everything around the house while the family the years have passed and life is much better and I love to clean my house...please hang in there and see why they are doing what they are doing...also, is there someone you can speak to about how you feel? also, please keep posting here, we care and want you to know you are valuable here...J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.