Any hope? Treatment resistant depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Obsessive, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsessive

Obsessive Well-Known Member

Am really down. Nothing interests me anymore. Just waking up in the morning hurts so bad. And now my computer is infected with a virus thanks to my stupidity so now I have even less to do. :sad:

Most of my day is spent moping and doing whatever work needs to be done. Just being alive hurts so much. I've seen a number of therapists, been on so many medications, and have had ECT. Is there any hope for me?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

There is a new medication for resistance depression that people are trying when all else fails would it be amplify ask your doctor because ive heard this new medication really helps depression that has not worked with other medication. I hope it works for you

3. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I have bipolar disorder along with a list of other mental problems. I found one medication that worked well and had liveable side effects. Sadly after about six months on the medication my body built up a tolerance and it stopped working. I have found others that I liked but the side effects were horrible. I kept having allergic reactions. Things like skin rashes and muscle stiffness that wouldnt go away and I had to stop taking those medications. So nothing has worked for me either. The medical doctor I seen before I lost coverage said I was medication sensative. The pdoc I was going to before I lost coverage was stumped because I kept having severe allergic reactions. I feel helpess too..

4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I've hada similar case. After they threw half a pharmacy at me, I did finally find an effective medication for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.