Any idea how?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LenaLunacy, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

How do i go about finding my dad? I have little to no money. Noone in my family has any idea of his whereabouts, cept he may be in prison. All i have is his name. Does anyone have any help or advice on how i can find him?

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Online telephone directory. Start in your area and gradually broaden the search. Any number that could be his should be called. Free, but time consuming, and by no means guaranteed. That's my best guess for a starting point.

3. quest

quest Member

I am not sure what country you r in, but if you are in the USA, google Federal inmate locator, it is online, if he is in the federal prison system he may appear. Also google your state department of corrections. If you can tell me more details I may be able to help. Send me a PM and we can go from there.

Steve

4. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

http://www.whitepages.com/person

Good place to start because it's free. All you need is his name. But a city and state would cut back returns of which you'll get a lot. One helpful feature is that is gives back approximate age of people in the household which helps narrow it down. don't know if it will help if he's in jail though.

5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

When I was looking for my Dad I found his parents through the electoral roll. I think it's free to access but I think you would need to know what area he stayed in.

I wish you all the luck in the world though xx

6. LenaLunacy

Thanks for all your replies. Really appreciate it. Any more ideas are always welcome. Thanks to Quest i'm gonna write to the prison locator service over here. See if they cant come back with something. Aoeu, when i have a free day i'll do that. Never know, it might strike gold.
    Claire, i have no idea where he woudl be now. He was always on the move, never stayed around for long. That's another problem, lol.
    Right u r ken, thanks for the link, i'll be checkin it out later :)

7. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear your dad is in such bad times. I really hope you find him.

8. LenaLunacy

Thanks DIT :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.