1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas appreciated

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by JBird, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

My eatings been all over the place for ages but over the last 2 months its at its worse. until 2 weeks ago i ate a cooked dinner and a sandwich which was kind of alright because i'm only little anyway, still isn't enough though and i knew it wasn't enough but now its gotten a bit worse, last week i was sick and it stopped me eating all day, i haven't been able and don't want to pick myself back up and start eating properly, i dont eat for a day and then eat about half a plate of my dinner.

i dont have an eating disorder, i'm just struggling to get an appetite.

does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to make it easier to eat? and make myself eat on a regular basis.

2. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Try snacking on cereal bars, or having smaller and more regular meals :hug:

3. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

Have you tried having soup?

It'll keep you going, and it's easy to eat / drink ^-^

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  4. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Sounds stress related (?). If so, best thing to do would be to work on lowering your stress levels.

That and adding in a bit of exercise if you don't exercise normally. Exercise keeps my appetite pretty high.

5. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

I've tried soup, not a big fan of soup. will try it again though.

I exercise a lot, im a bit of a fitness freak, i haven't been exercising as much recently because of illness but i run a lot in the morning and evening.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Jbird, I went through stages where I couldn't eat properly too. I would recommend eating fruit,toast and stews.

7. thorns_all_over

thorns_all_over Green Thumb Staff Alumni

Vitamin B12 is supposed to stimulate appetite, maybe try that if nothing else
    works... :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.