Any ideas for a solution appreciated. I'm painted into a corner and desperate.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by PatGray, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatGray

PatGray Member

In a nutshell: out of work force for 10 years after an illness and business failure.
    60 years old.
    Broke.
    No references.
    Isolated.
    Married but not really connected to wife, who treats me like a servant.
    No car or transportation.
    No friends left.
    No prospects.
    Ignored and forgotten.
    Constant stress 24/7. I even ask people in my dreams for work or if they know of any opportunities - recurring almost every night. Drives me nuts.

I need an income desperately and want to reconnect with the world, but I'm out of ideas. I've volunteered back when my car was running - didn't help me get a job though. No one wants to hire someone with no connections, references etc. I have a BFA degree from an excellent college. Bottom line is, I'm mentally exhausted and the idea of suicide blasted me with relief and joy. THAT is frightening and troubling. It tells me how really screwed I am, which is why I'm here begging for ideas so i can somehow get back in the game at this late date. I really don't want to have to check out, but the pressure of poverty, no insurance for injuries that need medical care, no retirement savings and a very bleak future is getting to be fucking overwhelming. Thanks for any ideas on generating some type of revenue. That's the key to getting me out of this hellish quagmire.

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

work on relationship with wife first?
    do take up the voluntary jobs despite lack of pay and employment, it'll get you out and about and around people.. and potential links and friends

3. PatGray

PatGray Member

"work on relationship with wife first?" - not helpful. I need income ideas. Can't volunteer anymore - no transportation. Thanks for your comment however.

4. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

the wife thing i thought of maybe so atmosphere in where you live improves then..
    sell collectibles?

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

When you say any income opportunity, what type of job are you looking for? Presumably fine arts degree is not particularly helpful in most places, but I would be happy to give some ideas for getting jobs or income if had an idea what your skill set or physical work capabilities are.Also, if you do not have a vehicle are you able to get out to look or apply for jobs or to employment if your got it or is that still going to be an issue (is there adequate public transportation where you are If want to either PM or reply here I would be happy to help brainstorm some ideas.

6. PatGray

PatGray Member

Thanks NYJmpMaster. I can drive just fine. No public transportation. I sent you a PM with more details. Your interest is very much appreciated. Thank you.

7. PatGray

PatGray Member

ScaryForest, thanks. Yes, I'm selling some things to raise money. I don't have much so it's going to be painful, but I'm doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.