any ideas?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by silent_chaos, Jun 24, 2016.

1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

How can I take a vacation without spending money or leaving town?
  2. Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber Well-Known Member

Google Maps.

Seriously though, where do you live? I know that sounds weird, but it matters quite a lot in this case.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Museum, Art gallery, botanical gardens
  4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Look for free festivals and events. Sometimes museums have a free entry night.
  5. silent_chaos

I looked it up and we have lots of wine vineyards, hiking, fishing spots, 1 tiny art gallery which ive been to, has like 5 pictures on the wall. And a glass blowing place. I live in a small town. The next biggest town is 40 minutes away freeway time with no traffic doing 70mph. And hour and a half to the next town going the other way. there is concerts in the park on Tuesdays but its so crowded. That stresses me out. The really nice park is nice but its small I can walk around stop and gawk over the bridge and be over in 20 minutes. I watched the salmon run a couple weeks ago from there. I wish I wouldnt have sold my camera. That Is something I love. downtown to uptown is only 3 miles long. But the things to see is from G st. To L st.
  6. Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber Well-Known Member

What about going bush for a week?

In my country, a lot of people just get some canned food and a tent, then run off into a forest for a few weeks with a gun.
  7. silent_chaos

We have bears a cugars here. And I dont have a gun. I would like to have one but I cant. What country you in. Im west coast, us
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This may sound silly but I think it's a good suggestion. Meditation can be your free ''escape''. I would highly recommend you spend a week doing meditation or anxiety classes and you will be doing yourself a good favour. You will feel free and refreshed.

p.s. sorry if that was a silly suggestion but thought it might help
  9. silent_chaos

Thats impossible for me to do. Literally ive tried it before. Even If it where to save my life. Im in dbt. No meditation from there hahah I know you know what I mean. Petal
    I have a loud mouth bird that dosnt even take a breath from talking/screaming. But I rather have that then quiet any day.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Lol! That is fair enough, i was just throwing it out as a suggestion :p I hope you find something you will enjoy and something that helps your mental health too :) good luck!
  11. silent_chaos

Thanks petal. I would love to go to beach so bad even just for the day. Ahhhh it s a 2 hour drive. There is nothibg more then I love then driving to settle down. Gas isnt to bad. But still dony have extra to fork out towards it. I just thought I would use the skill I.m.p.r.o.v.e
  12. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

Petal likes this.