Any members here that support SF and staff?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by itmahanh, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

What a wonderdful idea crookxshank!!! What if someone asked you to make an introduction for new members to SF? What would you like to let others know that makes SF a great place for you. So here it is.... for all the members that openly or secretly appreciate SF.... you're chance to say it. So many members rant and complain about the place. Why not tell other potential members, new members and even old "senior" members what is positive about SF.

Me first!!! The members and staff. They are true angels or angels in training (lol). So many pains, torments and horrible situations posted here. But yet so many good people that despite their own problems, keep handing out any advice or even good thoughts and wishes they can. And it's all advice from people that have experinced it first hand. Not cold textbook responses that you get from professionals. Real insight. And above all a place for those that felt they had nowhere else to turn or feel like they belong or fit in. SF has them all the broken, the healing, the "fixed" and even the ones that never were either but just want to help and support. And it's free!!!! Doesnt get any better than that (lol). I for one am so grateful for SF and the staff and admin that tirelessly keep trying to keep it a supoprtive and caring site. Thank you all!!!
  2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

well theres no way that i cant post here!

the amount of work gone into this site is unbelievable and neither of the staff get paid. they do it because they give a damn and they care. its easy to talk to people here. to open up. ive never found it easy to talk to professionals because of feeling like im talking to a brick wall but yet ive been so honest here because of how much people really do give a damn. its not fake. complete strangers have helped me through the most difficult of my times despite my original reason for coming here and that was to support people

ive been on the edge so many times and yet this place has pulled me back because of the caring ability of all those involved here. no one judges anyone and thats what makes this place. we all try to be one big family and welcome anyone

i dont think i could ask for a more supportive forum to be at and its unfair to be cruel to a place that has saved so many lives by all the members that give a damn about people they have never even met before
  3. ame solitaire

ame solitaire Well-Known Member

Ive only been here about a week-so not sure if my opinion counts?

If it does-what a wonderful group of people!!!

Everyday here I see people putting aside their own pain to support others.I see caring,kind,thoughtful individuals who take the time to make people feel welcome and heard.

I see compassion and tolerance and people making an effort to welcome new people.It is a unique place...:smile:
  4. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I like it very much here, there's lots of nice people and the staff are always understanding and helpful. Great thread!
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Oh yes ame your opinion counts!!! One week, one hour doesnt matter. You become a member of SF you receive the automatic perk of becoming part of a very special "family" And it is a special family indeed. A family that wants to hear both good and bad and you and your opinions are listened to.

Crook and ripper thanks for the words!

Now why is it that trolling, negative threads get jumped on like a bull in a rodeo and everyone gripes about them, but a supportive one well.... ok then this is a trolling positive thread. So get your butts in line and post something positive. Bet you cant!!!! What could be positive about SF??? Huh? Ummm posted by guest # 1037308429
  6. crookxshanks

do you know the part i find the saddest.. everyones looking for an argumentative thread but as soon as something comes along that they might actually agree with then so many look but cant be bothered to care enough to post. is that what this place has come to be like. somewhere where you think 'oh i'll just ignore this thread because someone else will post and help instead'. is that really what this place is about.

thats not support but yet everyone here expects the support from other people. surely you real true members can give a little bit back by posting one measly little post. or is that just too much to ask
  7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I think the staff does an excellent job, on balance.

I'm not quite sure what qualifies as "supporting" the site, but I do seem to spend enough time here. :rolleyes:

And should I ever get a job, I'll definitely throw this place a few dollars, pounds, Euros, shekels, drachmas or whatever the heck it is that happens when you hit the "support" button. :blink:
  8. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

*Crawling out of my rock*

This site has saved my life several times over. The level of friendly acceptance and shared experience is nothing short of astounding. Members on this site work tirelessly to ensure other member's well being all the while they too suffer from equally crippling problems.

Over the past five months I've redefined my standard for friendly behavior. This site alone, driven by the unwavering dedication of sometimes under appreciated staff and fellow sufferers has given internet forums a good name - let's all be candid here, this site is one hundred times better than talking with family or therapists.

I owe my life to both members and staff. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for all the hard working members on this site. The administrative staff deserves Olympian praise for their work.

Suicide Forum, though dealing with the darkest of human experiences, has proven itself to be the most loving, accepting, and supportive family I've ever known. The benefits of such a diverse crowd with diverse traumas and religious beliefs make for an always welcoming homestead.
  9. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i go with this opinion 100%!
  10. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I think a lot of peole here can forget that the staff used to be normal members like the rest of us. Just because they have been elevated to a staff position does not mean that they no longer have their own issues to deal with. They do what they do in their own free time because they care.

I know SF has had a lot of negative threads recently but since I joined I have had nothing but support from people here. They have helped me through my lowest times & really been there for me.

I don't belong to any of these so called cliques that exist nor in my opinion do I make anyone feel unwelcome. I try to be there for everyone I can & treat them all the same. I know it can be disheartening to not get any replies to a post or not get the answers you are looking for, but we're only human, we do care & posts will be picked up at some point.

It saddens me that when the forum is bombarded with negative threads then the people who are truly in need will be overlooked or even too scared to post.

11. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Sf has saved my life a couple of times since I joined :biggrin:

There is always somebody free to talk here regardless of whether they know you or not. Here I can talk about things I would never dream of bringing up in conversation with my family, psychologist, CPN etc. I can get things off my chest among people who truly understand what I am experiencing and not, Just professionals who only know from a text book! I know I can talk about ANYTHING and by the majority, not be judged :)

Also here I can help others or even just bring a smile to somebody's face. I have a laugh with some and commiserate with others. I have made a few good friends here :biggrin: and, hope to make many more as I get to know others!

Lea :grouphug:

PS. Great thread :wink:
  12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You know when I joined this forum I was ready to end it all and one day surfing the net I found this forum and it turned me around. I found genuine people who cared and offered me support..I didn't know what to think about that because I had isolated myself away from the world for fourteen years..It gave me a voice again and I soon found my self reaching out to others and trying to help them. I owe this forum my life...Even the few times I have been really down and ready to give up the members rallied around me and gave me all the support they could muster..I am extremely thankfull for everyone here!!! When it comes to the Mods and Admin you couldn't ask for any one better. In my opinion they keep this place safe for the members and it takes a big heart to put forth the effort dailey to keep it this way even though they are suffering themselves...Thank You for all your effort you put forward dailey...As far as the trolls we need to figure out away to expell them from here..One day maybe that will be a reality!! I am proud to be a member of this forum and will do whatever I can to help support the members!!
  13. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend GREAT idea! i MUST post here..... s.f. without a doubt, saved my life literally, and more than once.
    beyond that amazing fact, it is a loving, caring place full of real people who love and accept everyone. there is no judgment. and i can say things here from the real heart of ME that i can never talk about with 99.9 percent of my real life friends/family. the mods and admin are awesome........this is the best forum site by far - because there is genuine caring and a real sense of community and family here..... the friends i am making here are merging into Real Life friends....but truthfully, each person i 'talk' with, feels REAL to me..... i feel very grateful for s.f. - i could never repay any of you - who have helped me and who continue to help me. i am indebted, always.
    s.f. rocks! :sf:
  14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I love SF and all the staff. I honestly don't know what I would do without this forum. This forum keeps me alive. The staff do an amazing job, this site wouldn't be the possible if it weren't for the staff, I think. I think we all need to keep in mind at times that they are just members like us, and here for the same reasons, just because they have a different colour icon doesn't mean they are any less depressed than us so people should just seriously stop abusing the staff. Anyway, yeah SF is awesome..long live SF:biggrin:
  15. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Its so good to see a positive thread about the staff instead of all the threads slating them. I think they all do a great job here at the end of the day they are just the same as us with there issues to deal with and I think a lot of people forget that. I don't know where I'd be without sf
  16. worlds edge

It wouldn't bother me all that much if I thought there was some point to them, but there really just doesn't seem to be. As in posts along the lines of "this site is failing to X, Y and/or Z and I recommend doing A, B and C to correct these problems" seem perfectly okay from where I'm sitting, even where I might disagree with either the supposed problem(s) or the proposed solution(s). The problem, of course, is that this is NOT what is being posted, at least from what I'm seeing.

I agree with this, but I think reasonable criticism can be couched in terms that aren't so confrontational. The old cliche about being "assertive and not aggressive," and all that.
  17. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

You know, this thread means a lot to me personally. I find it so depressing to come on this forum day in day out and be slated for doing a bad 'job'. It seems when we do things for the good of the forum and its members, we are slated. When we don't do something we're slated. We cannot win! Sure, we can't please everyone all the time but it's good to know that there are a few of you who are actually 'happy' with this forum.

Today i've been thinking of standing down as admin because, as has been said, we all found this forum through our own issues. Staff aren't trained or anything other than normal members on this forum.. the fact that i have 'admin' under my name doesnt mean that i'm any different to anyone else. I still have feelings, as do all the staff here.

What a relief to find this thread and not feel like i want to hide under a rock. I have come to dread signing in to this forum recently.. honestly, we just can't win. Argh. Ok rant over!!

Thanks for all the nice positive messages. Sometimes it's easy to forget the good that this forum does and only focus on the negative. This thread is very much appreciated.

18. worlds edge

Seems to be the human condition, for better or worse. :(

I've been a member of dozens of discussion boards in my time, ranging from just about complete free speech to just about total moderation. And I've never yet seen a site where there weren't complaints about the staff.

I think the site generally does an excellent job at maintaining a balance between allowing people to speak without at the same time letting the site slide into anarchy. It is doubtless a tough balance to maintain, but hats off to the staff trying and generally succeeding (IMO) at doing just this. And also doing it without a great deal of bias.
  19. crookxshanks

worlds edge - this was meant to be a positive thread. not a thread where childish nitpicking what other people have already posted was needed. claire_83's and jenny's post didnt need that negative feedback.

if people havent got anything nice to say, then dont say it at all! especially on this thread!!
  20. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Crook...big hugs hun :arms: xx

Patrick :hug: xx

Everyone :grouphug: xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.