Any one else a fan??

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Surviving, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

2. Surviving

3. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

My mum has one of their concerts on dvd lol they're weird but good :smile:

4. Surviving

They are so much better in person. I was totally blown away at the concert...

There's really so much too them... (from Wikipedia)

The Blue Man can be considered a type of homologue, a creature approximating a real male human being. The strongest and most obvious Blue Man characteristic is his static appearance, namely, the earless, bright blue head and face and nondescript, utilitarian clothing. In action, the Blue Man does not speak and his face is usually expressionless, although suggestions of curiosity, surprise, wonder, chagrin, etc. are sometimes visible (though only in the eyes and eyebrows). The Blue Man does not communicate through speech or broad body language or gestures; rather, he communicates through intense eye contact and simple gestures. He acts impulsively and primarily as a group of three, "checking in" with the other two when making decisions and before moving to their next action. The Blue Man's outwardly apparent motivations are often presented in mild caricature in order to make a humorous and/or ironic point to the audience. Additionally, the Blue Man is inscrutably motivated to drum. They even have their own hand gesture, called the "Blue Man Salute", made by raising both arms in the air when they do so. These characteristics provide a character free of stereotypes or race and allow all members of the audience to identify with them equally.
    Early in the history of the group, the members would speak with audiences after the show while still in makeup, answering questions, signing autographs, and talking about the show. Eventually, however, it was decided that cast members would stay in character at all times while in makeup, meaning after shows they would still not speak to audience members, and the only "autograph" they would sign would be a smudge of blue paint. (When shown a "new" piece of technology, such as a cell phone or even an old pair of binoculars, they will simply stare at it in wonder.)

5. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

cool, I haven't seen much of them tbh just bits when I was passing through etc. but I did see them do 'crazy train' by ozzy :tongue: :thumbup: love that song

6. Surviving

7. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

thank youuu :tongue:

8. Surviving

sure :smile:

Need some thing to do while waiting for time to pass :blink:

9. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

what you waiting for? morning, like me? lol :blink: well it's here now anyway...

10. Surviving

For you :tongue:

Me got's more time to waste...I am from across the pond:smile:

11. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

ohhhh I see :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.