Any other Cosplayers out there? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted SKU

you should go ahead and try sometime, just start with something simple. I have no skill either, and i've only done it once so far haha that's why i'm trying to stick with characters that require only simple clothing or easy to obtain costume pieces :) it's really fun!
Lol, that's my problem, i'd want to go big with it. Something like Shingen Takeda, Cao Ren, D (vampire hunter D)... guess i could go for something simpler like Corporal Randel Oland, Zechs Marquise, Vincent Valentine... or just for the lols dress up as a Blastoise or something. Guess i just wouldn't want to risk becoming one of those massive fail cosplayers you see online... And wouldn't want to lose my hair, so wigs would be difficult!

Ozzy Manson

ive always thought it would be fun to try, but i never have
you totally should try sometime, it is very fun! especially if you go to an anime convention in cos/crossplay. you get to meet so many awesome people then too :)

Lol, that's my problem, i'd want to go big with it. Something like Shingen Takeda, Cao Ren, D (vampire hunter D)... guess i could go for something simpler like Corporal Randel Oland, Zechs Marquise, Vincent Valentine... or just for the lols dress up as a Blastoise or something. Guess i just wouldn't want to risk becoming one of those massive fail cosplayers you see online... And wouldn't want to lose my hair, so wigs would be difficult!
lol Blastoise! xD now that would be fun! maybe you could try doing a few smaller ones just at home, see how it goes or something. then do something a little bigger for a con :3 depending on money too, you could always get some wigs that would work for multiple cosplays, or find some costumes you wouldn't mind using for several years xD

lachrymose27

yeah i've cosplayed. its fun to dress up. i go to nyc anime fest, and the one in boston. I don't like anime con as much as I do comic con (more video game stuff which i'm into)

I've dressed up as manny calavera from the grim fandango video game. and detective gumshoe from the phoenix wright video games. this year i REALLY want to dress up as Isaac Clarke from the deadspace videogame series. But I suck at making costumes :/

Ozzy Manson

yeah i've cosplayed. its fun to dress up. i go to nyc anime fest, and the one in boston. I don't like anime con as much as I do comic con (more video game stuff which i'm into)

I've dressed up as manny calavera from the grim fandango video game. and detective gumshoe from the phoenix wright video games. this year i REALLY want to dress up as Isaac Clarke from the deadspace videogame series. But I suck at making costumes :/
i've seen some videos on youtube of nyc anime fest :D it looks like fun! i've never been to comic con, but with more video game stuff, that sounds so cool!

ooo grim fandango! one of my friends is obsessed with that haha that would be so cool for you do to Issac! maybe you could find some way to piece it together some home made and some purchased pieces? or look up some tutorials for making one

Deleted SKU

lol Blastoise! xD now that would be fun! maybe you could try doing a few smaller ones just at home, see how it goes or something. then do something a little bigger for a con :3 depending on money too, you could always get some wigs that would work for multiple cosplays, or find some costumes you wouldn't mind using for several years xD
I'm not even sure if there are cons anywhere in this country!

Money and time are the big issues really. Not sure if i'd have the disposable income to use on outfits, but actually making my own (considering the only way i'm familiar with putting stuff together is screws, or glue, and the last time i used glue i attached a book to my face), would be even tougher. Been tempted just to get one of those import ones from china off ebay or something, as a start point to see if i'm actually feeling it on the cosplay, or if it's just one of those things on the 'must try once' list.

Ozzy Manson

I'm not even sure if there are cons anywhere in this country!

Money and time are the big issues really. Not sure if i'd have the disposable income to use on outfits, but actually making my own (considering the only way i'm familiar with putting stuff together is screws, or glue, and the last time i used glue i attached a book to my face), would be even tougher. Been tempted just to get one of those import ones from china off ebay or something, as a start point to see if i'm actually feeling it on the cosplay, or if it's just one of those things on the 'must try once' list.
Aww :( that sucks

I'm kind of in the same boat as you money wise (i have plenty of time, but i choose to do other things with it..) what i do sometimes is save what extra i can towards something to try out, but i be very decisive on a purchase for a cosplay, trying to find something that i won't just use once, more like something that would be usable with various cosplays. That is a good idea you have to use something as a starting point to see if you for sure get into it or not :)

Deleted SKU

Aww :( that sucks

I'm kind of in the same boat as you money wise (i have plenty of time, but i choose to do other things with it..) what i do sometimes is save what extra i can towards something to try out, but i be very decisive on a purchase for a cosplay, trying to find something that i won't just use once, more like something that would be usable with various cosplays. That is a good idea you have to use something as a starting point to see if you for sure get into it or not :)

Lol, well my own 'look' plays towards the dark, brooding types (wont need a wig for some of them), so i guess it would make more sense to go for that... might even wear the stuff on a regular day out! I'm not really sure what sort of stuff would go for different cosplays though (i guess it's something i should look in to more... only tend to pay attention to the most diverse characters).

Have one or two things which might work with stuff (long black leather jacket, and my own sword), but guess it will take some more thought.

Ozzy Manson

Lol, well my own 'look' plays towards the dark, brooding types (wont need a wig for some of them), so i guess it would make more sense to go for that... might even wear the stuff on a regular day out! I'm not really sure what sort of stuff would go for different cosplays though (i guess it's something i should look in to more... only tend to pay attention to the most diverse characters).

Have one or two things which might work with stuff (long black leather jacket, and my own sword), but guess it will take some more thought.
that's awesome! that would be so fun to wear stuff like that on a regular day :) totally look into characters with some clothing you already have, i bet you will find some really great ones to try! especially since you have your own leather jacket and sword

Deleted SKU

that's awesome! that would be so fun to wear stuff like that on a regular day :) totally look into characters with some clothing you already have, i bet you will find some really great ones to try! especially since you have your own leather jacket and sword
Never really thought of it quite that way before. Certainly have the makings of a Reno or Rude... Identical coat to J from Heat Guy J (though the hair would be difficult)... thinking about it, would be a lot about the hair...

Will add this properly to my to do list, after i become a superhero.

Deleted SKU

Nah, it wouldn't work as a part of the superhero costume, am going for a proper cloak for that (doesn't impede arm movement so much, allows me to defend myself, and perhaps use powers yet, though i've not worked out what i can actually do yet).

Maybe if i'm successful enough though, years on from now people will cosplay as me!

lachrymose27

Grim Fandango = best game ever made. But i also said that about Dead space :D

I actually purchased parts long ago.. But i am pretty sure i bought the wrong materials.. so its in a box somewhere in the garage :D. I don't have the skills to make a costume, no knowledge whatsoever so i gave up on it..

ooo grim fandango! one of my friends is obsessed with that haha that would be so cool for you do to Issac! maybe you could find some way to piece it together some home made and some purchased pieces? or look up some tutorials for making one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00