Any plushie-lovers around here? :3

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Cooki, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I am :D I love plushies! They're always there :) but I will probably have to give all of them away because I'm allergic to dust and they catch dust like nothing else...:/ or I have to put them into the freezer (so that the thingies that live in dust which cause the allergy die) frequently, but how am I supposed to put like 200 plushies (didn't I already tell you that I'm a freak :D) into the freezer?? Some of them are a meter tall oO So well, any other plushie-addicts here? :)

2 people like this.
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I love them to. Have close to 100 teddy bears. Am also allergic to dust but will not give them up. They are too big to fit in the freezer. I actually sleep with one every night. I just use a lot of kleenix. And you are right, they are always there for you.

3. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Aww! You just made my day ^___^
    Kleenex is tissues, right?

4. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I admit that I am. Most of mine are dogs. I have at least 75 (maybe more) dog plushies. And a couple misc. ones. I couldn't imagine having more than 100. But that's because I live in a trailer, and literally don't have the space. The ones I have now are shoved in my closet. I've actually been considering donating them, for kids. But I've been afraid of parting with them. Many of them were gifts I've accumulated over the years. There's one that I will never part with. An Old English Sheepdog. I put the collars of my deceased dogs on its neck. Never heard of putting them in the freezer to kill the dust. I don't think I could do that, either. Even 75 is too many for that. lol

5. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Most of my plushes are piled on the attick, and the once that are in my room (about 50) fit into one big box (except for 7 plushies: the huge teddy I got from my boyfriend, a huge sheep, my self-knitted elefant, a little elefant, a gummi-bear, a teddybear (known as tattyteddy or MeToYou. It's that grey bear with blue nose and a lot of batches) and a gizmo plushie (from the gremlins :) I love that movie, even though it's like 50 years old or so xD I watched it lately, because I had to find out more about that cute plushie I had found among my mother's old stuff))

6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Yep, Kleenix is tissues. And I am 62 and still sleep with my teddy bear. Of course I am not married. I sleep with my favorite. His name is Rudi. He has helped me through many difficult times. There is nothing wrong with liking plushies.

Actually, if you look at the bear in the picture that accompanies my post, you will see Rudi.

7. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I kinda feel like laughing right now. My mum is 49, and she doesn't even know what "internet" is. My dad is 61 and doesn't have a clue that one can use the internet for any more than amazon and ebay. So well, I kinda am proud of you ^^
    I have too many plushies to have a favorite one, although the huge bear my boyfriend gave me might be it, but my bed is too small (usually beds are 1 m x 2 m, my bed is 0.9 m x 2 m, and the 10 cm difference is so much actually oO I know that because I've been sleeping on my brother's old matress on the floor lately because it's much softer than my matress but it doesn't fit into my bed xD) so that teddy doesn't fit in there :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.