any sports fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about anyone else, but I am sooo stoked for the upcoming football season, both college and professional!
My college team is ranked #1 in the preseason coaches poll (BOOOOMER!)
and my pro team found another quarterback...hopefully he won't be a bust!

So, anyone care to talk football?

Speedy

Staff Alumni
I love football (college and NFL)!.

I see you're an Oklahoma fan! Cool! I used to be an Adrian Peterson fan! I still watch him on the Vikings. :D

PM me if you want to talk about anything!

roscho

Taking a stab in the dark at your NFL team... Arizona? Kolb? That might work out, but they lost Breaston and Boldin, so just dealing with Hightower will make defenses double him all day.

I'm a casual NCAA fan - so not real sure why OK is #1 - seems like they've struggled since losing AP and Sam Bradford. Must have some new talent taking shape.

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
Yes I do like watching football.... almost as much as hockey.

My favorite NFL team is The Packers (as they have been since I was a kid) and my second favorite team is the Detroit Lions.

For college I am a full on Michigan fan. Go Blue!

I will take you up on that Mr. Alex, need to find some new people to talk football with!

And roscho, I am an AZ fan lol...I just hope for more than 5 wins this season! As far as OU, I think they're ranked so high now is because of the difficulty of the schedule for the beginning of the season. Landry Jones has finally come into his own, pretty tough to follow an act like Sam!

Delusive, I like the Packers too, I'm soooo happy they beat the Steelers, I am not a Big Ben fan (I think he's a tool)

NiceGuYKC

I'm a huge real football fan. You know as you yanks call it, "soccer", lol!. Come on Manchester United!. Beat the noisy neighbours, "Man shitty" tomorrow.:massbounce:

roscho

I'm soooo happy they beat the Steelers, I am not a Big Ben fan (I think he's a tool)
Big Ben? You must mean the Big Rapist. I hate how Peter King and the likes all slobbered all over him after he apologized. Really turned me off the talkers. I don't read MMQB anymore, in my own personal protest.

Mr. E

love football (Cowboys baby!), and basketball (Mavericks ftw!). Yea, i'm all about Dallas :P

In college, love my UNC Tar Heels. Also a fan of Texas and VT

ZombiePringle

And predictions for this season? For the AFC ( don't laugh at me about this. :lol!: ) I honestly think the Chiefs could be one of the big surprise teams this year and not only get past the first round but also maybe get to the Super bowl. If you look at their roster they are LOADED. Not only do they have a very strong offense but also if you look at their defense they have some very strong players. Yeah maybe I'm a bit biased since I live in KC but they do look strong.... although I would love to see Green Bay come here and stomp them. I am trying to get the day off from work to go see it.

roscho

KC could be a good team, but those AFC west rivalries always cause the AFC W problems. Denver, San Diego, Oakland will all have them circled on the calender.

I think New England made a mistake - Ocho and Haynesworth will cause bad harmony.

I think Philly might have a shot if they can get Vick to let plays develop.

I will make this prediction....

Super Bowl 46
Philly vs NY Jets

Jets win.

I also feel like Philly has a pretty good shot at going all the way this season. As far as surprise teams this season, I'm not quite sure just yet...haven't really looked in to many teams...although I can agree about NE's acquisition of Ochocinco and Haynesworth, those two are all about drama and I think they may have issues gelling with the team.
I'm just ready for fall so football can finally get going!

Oh and NiceguYKC...I'm also a fan of Man U! When the matches are shown here I try to get up early enough to see a little of them! lol

Mr. E, you're a cowboys fan?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol, I'm sure we'll have some disagreements seeing as how I can't stand them! I will admit they have an amazing stadium...went to see OU play BYU a couple of years ago...I was blown away!

ZombiePringle

I can say this about Ochocinco... Yes he likes attention that is obvious. But he is a big time team player. And works incredibly hard. Players love to have him in the locker room. Haynesworth on the other hand... Yes he causes drama and as far as I'm concerned he has no business in the NFL.

As for the eagles... All they did is bring in a bunch of all pro players. That doesn't always work. The most important thing in winning is team chemistry. And if you bring a bunch of huge egos together that can cause serious problems to team chemistry.

roscho

New England players don't talk out of line... We'll see if Ocho is able to do that. I do like his play - and even like most of his antics - but his antics worked on a losing team, will he try them on a winning team - and if he does, will they work???

Eagles seemed to have brought in some all pro's who are fairly quiet - is why I think they might have something.

I readily admit I'm not an expert and not even that studied up for this season.

I heard some "expert" talking about Dallas - I just don't see that, although I know they will be well coached. That problem might be how much does Jerry Jones interfere. That can spoil a lot of good coaching.

ZombiePringle

Yeah, I don't see Dallas doing much. Jerry Jones does tend to get way too involved. Thats the problem in Oakland too.

I would love to see the Packers repeat. They still have all the pieces in place that they need for another run. plus their starters that were hurt will be back. Think about it... Green Bay won the super bowl and a large amount of their starters were out with injuries and Woodson got hurt in the super bowl. Imagine what they can do with their starters healthy.

Now if Green Bay can't make it in the NFC I would like to see Detroit finally at least make the playoffs.

NiceGuYKC

I also feel like Philly has a pretty good shot at going all the way this season. As far as surprise teams this season, I'm not quite sure just yet...haven't really looked in to many teams...although I can agree about NE's acquisition of Ochocinco and Haynesworth, those two are all about drama and I think they may have issues gelling with the team.
I'm just ready for fall so football can finally get going!

Oh and NiceguYKC...I'm also a fan of Man U! When the matches are shown here I try to get up early enough to see a little of them! lol

Mr. E, you're a cowboys fan?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol, I'm sure we'll have some disagreements seeing as how I can't stand them! I will admit they have an amazing stadium...went to see OU play BYU a couple of years ago...I was blown away!
Well I hope you catch the highlights of the match from yesterday.
They beat the noisy neighbours 3-2. They were 2-0 down at halftime and came storming back in the second.
The second goal they scored has to be seen to be believed.
Thats why they call football"soccer" the beautiful game.

ZombiePringle

I actually am a fan of non-american football too. Was very dissappointed when the USA women's team lost in the world cup finals. Although Japan did deserve it. I like to follow the local team here. Sporting Kansas City. The stadium is really nice.

roscho

Good point about Detroit. That defense could actually make them a winning team even if they don't put up many points.

Preseason kicks off in full this Thursday - school is in session!

Has anyone heard about Mike Gundy (Oklahoma State head football coach) firing a contractor for wearing an OU shirt to his house?
LOL, football is serious business here!

"Gundy's a man, he's 44 and he's not going to take any of guff from a Sooner."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00