any swimmers[or hardcore athletes] here?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by underdosed, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. underdosed

underdosed Guest

so im a hardcore swimmer and i LOVE it for more then just the "good exercise/ social gathering" reason. I push myself so hard it feel like my muscles are bleeding. i know its unhealthy and its why i am frequently injured (sometimes on purpose) but i cant stop. its like an addiction. the more pain you're in the better you swim. the better you swim the prouder your coaches and parents are. im queen of the endurance sets becuase the pain i feel during them is....well....orgasmic. im not saying i get my jollies that way, but its just this exstatic, drugged, euphoric endorphine rushthat i cant live without

anyone else have that problem with there sport?

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Before I dislocated my knee, I played soccer constantly, I was like you in a way, you put your whole self into it no matter what, even if it means you get hurt. Ha, I even messed up my knee playing soccer, and then I went back to playing and dislocated my knee like, 4 or 5 more times before everyone basically forced me to quit. But yeh, I miss that feeling. :dry:

3. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

i was like the with gymnastics, and now dance. i was much worse with gymnastics though. i pushed myself way too hard, and i was still young and growing. i broke my wrist once but i had a meet the next day so i didn't tell anyone.. it was the most painful experience of my life, and obviously i couldn't go through with it, and it's still messed up today. i just dance now, every single day of the week for way too many hours. i've always been like this, but i don't really know how to stop myself.. it's just how it's always been for me. (then again though, it's kind of like that for all elite gymnasts, but yeah..)

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Ditto with the gymnastics :)

5. underdosed

underdosed Guest

i think i picked swimming because with running, if you push too hard, your muscles can give out or you can faint. when i faint in the water its just like you stopped for a second and you keep going. you can be crying in your goggles but no one has to know. its perfect

6. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I'm like that in tennis, i push my self way to much and i know i need to stop but i get my adrenline pumbing and i can't stop moving. Even if its the hottest day in the world i will still be outside in the heat for about 3-6 hours non stop tennis.

7. Just_a_Kid

Just_a_Kid Guest

yeah i know what you mean, i used to swim on a national level until my injury force me to quit the day before the international championships.
    but i was just like you i did it for the rush the pleases of being one of the best in my area the power that you feel when kicking off, the chilling icy water that took your breathe on entry,

i miss it:sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.