any tips on how to cry?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fromthatshow, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'm on a couple different suicide and depression forums and some people talk about how they can't stop crying. Well, be thankful! Be thankful that you can cry and you can still feel! I love crying so much, and I rarely find myself able to fully release and cry like I need to. It feels so good when I can and the next day is always great too but after that it's right back to numbness for the next few weeks.
    Anyway, I wish I could cry more often and anyone who has any tips with similar problems, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. fromthatshow

Ah god this is literally the worst day of my life, I have no where else to turn so I might as well post here. Anyway.
    Crying helped for a little bit, but there is still something that isn't going away.
    Here's how I would describe it. There is this dark cloud in my head. It's not painful like a headache, but it's so much worse. Every time I close my eyes I sinker deeper into this terrible feeling. I have had constant panic for the last 2 days with maybe 2 hours of sleep. I am completely cut off from emotions. I can't remember what happiness or sadness or laughter feels like anymore. And I can feel it all in my head waiting to be released and then I hold back because I get scared. And I've been trying to release it constantly the past two days and it's extremely tiresome but there are no breaks cuz any break only brings me back to panic. ahh I really need to find how to feel again!

3. The Loner

The Loner Active Member

When i need to cry i lie in bed and think deeply about the things that really matter to me, family members for example. I think of what would happen if they were to die and before i know i have two waterfalls down the side of my face and the pillow is soaking ... lol. :huh:

4. sh0x

sh0x Member

5. whybeherenow

whybeherenow Active Member

Watch the film 'The Constant Gardener' - saddest film ever.

6. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Excellent Quest.

Yesterday ,I listened to Youtube, Zero Integrity by Jacob Golden, such a song of expression ,it makes me cry.

7. Ire

Ire Guest

Listen to "Fake Plastic Trees" by radiohead

8. fromthatshow

I will definitely check these out.
    I still have not been able to cry or if I have it was only on the surface and not deep. Any attempt to go deep and I just get extreme panic. But sitting here having not gone deep into it for the past week I've been every second on the verge of panic attack. I'm really scared! I hope I get through this.

9. trux

trux Well-Known Member

Not really a tip, but I noticed that the more I cry, the more I'm able to cry easily. Maybe all you have to do is wait.
    Or think about something wrong about you (or around you) that you know will never change. That always does it for me, it happened 3 times today! (while I hadn't cried for years not so long ago). And if you don't have anything like that to think about then you can consider yourself lucky.

10. fromthatshow

All of these things helped me cry on the surface, but there is a horrible dark cloud of emotions that I don't even know what they are that are keeping me completely numb and only allowing me to express surface emotions like a quite cry or smile or laugh.
    I don't know about this cloud. It's so much worse than sadness. I would give anything to feel sad again!
    This cloud is like a mixture of anger, sadness, all of the worst emotions all supressed and I am completely numb and full of fear of it. It's like I can't escape from it anywhere I go.
    At least I know that it's there and I've been praying to God to help me realease what feels like a cloud.

11. mtnmeadow

mtnmeadow Member

Just curious if anyone had an unusually hard time crying when on antidepressants. I got off of them for that reason alone...I couldn't cry, and it drove me insane. Took me a while after getting off them before I could cry again. Sure I had all of the pain back, but at least I could feel.

12. fromthatshow

I used to be on anti-depressants. They can certainly be numbing.

13. danni

danni Chat Buddy

to cry... well i can't say much either and i been trying so. I might say think of something that may you sad, to make you cry.

14. fromthatshow

the saddest song ive got video is really sad!
    any more like that?
    I almost got to crying a couple times

15. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel about wanting to cry. After crying you usually feel alot better, while I was on Zoloft I was unable to cry seriously. I dont know what it was about the medicine, I was seriously unable to cry. Ive stopped taken it now though. Good luck on crying, I dont really have any tips I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.