any tofu recipes?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by morning rush, Dec 16, 2010.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I've been looking for books on tofu at chapters but there was only one, the rest were vegetarian and vegan books...I didn't know really what to look for or buy to be honest, as I'm pretty clueless to this type of diet....

has anyone any book title recommendation or website with tofu recipes? my mom says you can make tofu muffins and all so...I would love to have a few recipes...

2. victor

victor Account Closed

i keep reading u guys talkin bout tofu. u might laugh at my question, but.. what the fuck that tofu is?? :D:D i swear im clueless:D

3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

tofu is made out of soy beans. its rich in protein and therefore people use it as a meat substitute.
    i love veggie burgers. ive had veggie sausages and veggie nuggets but nothings like a veggie burger. i normally dont experiment with tofu a whole lot though. just never eat it unseasoned bc then you might never wanna eat it again xD its horrible
    ive tried lentil burgers a couple of times. lentils are also high in protein (at least i think they are) but i dont remember how to season them and how to make them stick together so you can form a burger with them. its very very good though :)

4. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I like vegetarian food quite a bit and tofu is not to bad, your right though it's got to be seasoned, I'll never give up meat though.

5. victor

victor Account Closed

just bring me my steak, darling! :D:D:D

6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm not the most imaginative when it comes to tofu, really...

I found these at the local Walmart and I love them!

As for recipes, I usually just steam a fairly large brick of firm tofu with a couple cups of chicken or beef stock mixed with a 1/2tsp of soy sauce and eat it with some brown or white rice.

7. morning rush

I saw those at my grocery store...might try one and see...

isn't chicken and beef broth meat? do we digest it the same way? or is it actually okay to eat it?

8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

You can buy Vegetable broth too. If you're trying to avoid meat then you definitely need to stay away from chicken or beef broth.

I don't have any actual recipes for tofu but the thing that is best about tofu is its versatillity... Whatever you cook it with it will take on the flavor... Its really good in stir fry. Just get all the stir fry stuff you normally would use (veggies, soy sauce or stir fry sauce, rice etc) And just cook cut up tofu with it.

9. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Best tofu recipe ever:

Take one large steak, cook so its medium rare. Then throw the tofu away and eat the steak :D

10. Johnnyc

That sounds delicious.

11. morning rush

:rant: gee thanks...thank you for suggesting that I should stay sick with eating meat instead of being healthy...

if you don't like tofu or anything else related to this thread PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING...I don't need your smart ass remarks or passive disagreement with my choice of not eating meat...

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Ignore the fuckwits!
    Tofu is fab in a stir fry with veg, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, chilli and garlic. It can also be deep fried in very hot oil so it puffs up and then served with dipping sauces.
    Get a veggie cook book and start experimenting.

13. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Fucking hell was a light hearted joke. Seriously calm the fuck down i didnt mean owt offensive by it!

14. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

If making tofu doesn't work out, I would look for a chinese vegetarian restaurant and try some dishes from there. If it were me, that would be the best option ^^. theres just so much more options in a vegetarian restaurant that something will sure to satisfy the palate

15. Johnnyc

16. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

For New Year's Day, I'll be eating Miso-soup, which uses plenty of tofu.

17. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

18. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Veggie for 25 years and a vegan for 12 of them, come and find me if i can be of help anytime regards Pete x

19. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

<3 :reub:

20. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Forgot to add i am not a veggie, i also eat meat as well, i just love tofu