Any True Friends?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by yous, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yous

yous Well-Known Member

I need a true friend out there. Someone whom I can trust, have fun conversations, and reciprocate. Why is it so hard to find someone to reciprocate. Often times I run into people whom are so self-absorbed. They never care about my life and I am expect to care about theirs. I feel terrible being used recently. I feel betrayed by all the people around me. I need a person desperately to talk to. I'm afraid I'm going off the deep end.

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello! I will gladly be your friend. Whats going on friend?

3. tigers4343

tigers4343 Member

I know how you feel- I was recently abandoned by the one person i thought was my friend and who i trusted a lot i have no other close friends makes for a really lonely life

4. yous

yous Well-Known Member

Why do people do this? Why do they abandon other people after all the work that was put in to keep the relationship going? I understand how as time progresses, people change, meet new people, and life moves forward, but where is the humanity in just dropping people once knew... It's no wonder when people get real old, they wonder what happened to all the people they knew.

5. yous

yous Well-Known Member

Hello Daphna,

Thank you for saying you'll be my friend.

6. HopeIsAlive

HopeIsAlive Member

Hey you have a buddy here! I care a lot about lives... So whats up?

Also, some people are just sick that way and you always have to remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel. There are people out there that are friendly and not so self-asorbed. Don't worry though, life will be okay and suicide is never the answer. Trust me, I know that for a fact :)

7. yous

yous Well-Known Member

Well if there are people out there who are not, I'd sure like to meet them, because virtually everyone I've met including family is self absorbed, selfish, mean, jealous, etc. I haven't met one person who reciprocates in friendship or understanding. I find it real sad that people have to use other people in order to feel the high they need. I never do that to people.

8. KatyKate

KatyKate Antiquities Friend

Hey....I WILL be your friend....reach out to me anytime. I have been used many a time, and you know what...people who do that are not worth your energy...please PM me anytime or join us in the chatroom....no one judges, and everyone is so friendly and supportive, and none of it is make believe.
    Thinking of you....reach out WE ARE HERE.
    Love and hugs Kate xxx

9. yous

yous Well-Known Member

That makes me feel so good to know I have people I can turn to. I was feeling so low and helpless, it was not a good place to be. I have been in such dark places before. Some I don't know if I can turn myself around. So I thank you all. And yes I will definitely reach out to all of you who offer their time. I hate to be such a burden, but I need somebody to talk to every once in a while just to keep me sane.

10. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

I'm willing to give it a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.