Anybody else been thinking about it all your life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Random, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

They always say suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem (They love to say stupid crap to just piss you off more) but here I am almost 40 and I have been thinking about suicide every day of my life since I was about 12. That's 27 years if you don't want to count that high.

I think that for some people who just have a few problems, yeah. Maybe there's hope. But when you've been thinking about it for 27 years pretty much nonstop and looked at it from every angle, how can they say you don't know what you want?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have had this thought for 27 yrs sounds like OCD thinking where a thought repeats itself over and over and you cannot let go of it. I was told such it is just a thought and acknowledge it as that a thought and let it go and go on with what ever you are doing or want to do. As with many OCD thoughts it is very hard to change them without proper therapy CBT or now DBT can help Have you had any of these therapy or have you had help for your depression

3. 11scared

11scared Member

I can relate to you Random. I have struggled with suicidal thoughts and plans since my teen years and now I am almost forty. My conflict is due mainly to my faith and for those I may leave behind. This time of year always worsens my mood and my current financial problems aren't helping. Try keeping busy, sometimes that helps me. Even if it is writing down your suicide options. Music also helps. Unless you get to that place that all you'll listen to are death songs. If you have any creative talents use them to help keep you on track to see tomorrow. You have hung in there for 27 years. Don't let this be the day.

4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not that close. Today will not be the day. But it wasn't going to be, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.