Anybody else have or had trouble talking to professionals?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by A1231988, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A1231988

A1231988 Well-Known Member

Ever since I was a child I've never been able to open up to any professionals about my problems. I've always thought "Why am I going to talk to this person? They are getting paid to care. It's not like they actually care about me."

2. avp

avp Member

I don't trust them. I have worked with them...known them personally...seen how screwed up many of them are as people when they drop the "so how does that make you feel?" bullshit.

3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I've been in counsellling for over a year now, and it took about eight months for me to be able to talk to my counsellor at all, and one of the reasons I could eventually do that is because I realised that he was once almost as screwed up as me! He's quite honest about that, because it's why he got into counselling in the first place.

Before this, I was never able to talk about myself, and I can't talk to anyone else because I just don't think they care or want to know. You're definitely not alone with this.

Mim

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I have been through a lot of counselling and it took me a while to reveal myself...I figured that the person can only treat who s/he knows and if I want better care, I should be honest...it did work for me...J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.