Anybody Else?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Eros, May 8, 2015.

1. Eros

Eros Member

I constantly feel like I'm not here. Like everything is fake and I am having trouble emotionally attaching to anyone. Like just everything feels like a dream (not a good one)
    It might leave for a few hours or even a day, but then its back again and worse than before.
    Does anyone else experience this?

Also I apologize if this is in the wrong section or I do something wrong....
    I'm new and stuff.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Do not worry about posting in the wrong. You will learn in time as you keep posting more here.
    Dreams are funny things and it depends on how you interpret them. You either dream about the future or remembering the past. Have you spoken to a therapist about your feelings? It' might be worth considering doing this as it might help you to face you daily battles. I am no way trying to cause stress but the longer you experience this it might affect you long term.

Please be safe and keep posting here for help.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  3. Eros

Eros Member

It's not a dream though, just feels like one. The feelings of detachment.

I don't know if this will make sense, but the time flow in my reality is different from others.
    I have seen many therapist who do not understand. Or think I'm over reacting, or making things up.

Thank you though for responding.
    Also thank you for the welcome.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I think I know what you mean. Do you really feel out of touch with reality when this happens? Sometimes I feel like I'm sort of outside my own body (if that even makes sense). Not sure if this is similar to what you experience but I know it can be weird.

5. Eros

Eros Member

Yes that is how I feel a lot of the time. I've been like that since I was a little kid. It just gets worse as I get older. Sometimes it is so bad I can barely function at work.
    Can I ask what you do when it happens to you?

6. Witty_Sarcasm

I just try to concentrate on something else, to not focus on that because I start to feel weird or freak out. Usually I just have to wait until the feeling passes because there's not much else that can be done.

7. Eros

Eros Member

Ah I have tried that too, it doesn't really work for me.
    I hope you're alright though. It sucks.
    Be safe.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

On top of that, I seem to be going numb emotionally. I know it's not easy to deal with at all. I hope it will ease up a bit for you soon.

9. Eros

Eros Member

I'm sorry to hear that dear.
    I feel that way often. Do you know why that may be happening? Are you stressed or anything?
    If you ever want to talk about it or need someone to talk to. I'm here.

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Yeah, I think I've just hit my limit on what I can take, emotionally. I mean I was going to cry earlier, but my brain shut it down before it happened, and then I felt calm. I know that can't be good, but it's just another weird coping mechanism. Thank you for offering to talk. I am also here if you need to talk about anything :)

11. I saw the movie Numb (2007) recently. Matthew Perry deals with symptoms of depersonalization and emotional numbness. That sounds a bit like what you're describing. I only mention it because I like to examine my own life through the experience of a movie, so I thought you might like that too.

12. Eros

Eros Member

I'm sorry that you feel this bad. I hope things improve.
    I used to have trouble crying too.... now I cry way to easily ha.
    Thank you.

13. Eros

Eros Member

That sounds interesting, I'll be sure to look for it.
    Thank you for that.