Anybody Ever Escaped from a Psychiatric Hospital?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by downunder, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody ever escaped from a psychiatric hospital? What happened.

I used to work in an area where we used to get notified of "escapees" all from this one place, they would located, sent back and they would do it again.

Anyone else ran away because they were going to be sectioned?

2. PainEngulfsMe

PainEngulfsMe Active Member

Yeah, I've snuck out of a normal hospital who wouldn't let me leave unless i left with a catheter in- which was done incorrectly @ first, worst pain of my life, i refused another as i was promised by 3 people they can take the one they first put in out, and that i didn't need it in nor would i later on. So since i wouldn't get a cath, and couldn't go, i just left.

as for physc hosp? at age 16 i did, we had electronics stuff we were allowed to use , cd player, stuff etc -use the batteries acid on the bars on windows at night, and walk out. I was sent to pysch because my X - gf lied to her mom, who called them, and falsely admitted me and forced it to stay, and once out, 3 days later filed the law suit - i got justice, and it was good

3. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Holy shit, I remember the catheter. And they gave me charcoal. Dude, first week in the ward my crap was black and it hurt to piss.

The place I was at didn't have bars. It was nice... In a way. Didn't try to escape. Tons of security camera's, my window was right outside where all the ambulances come in...

The nurse when I came in wasn't kind. She was like "Drink this, or we will stick this tube down your nose". And then I kinda woke up in bed but they left the needle for my IV in my arm I was like... what the hell? Bad headache and everything.

Meh, I did my two and a half weeks and got out in a relatively short amount of time. If I had tried to escape, I would have been in there longer.

4. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Whats the reason for the cathertar?

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

A psych hospital can catheterize you, huh?

You know what? I'm not suicidal. In fact, I'm cured. Thank you, suicide forum! I'm outta here!

6. Xistence

Xistence Well-Known Member

I was in an adolescent behavioral correction hospital or something like that. :tongue: I found a few ways to escape, but I wanted to be as nice as possible so they would let me leave.

7. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

yeah, i was on section and not allowed anywhere on my own but just walked out the front door, got taken back by the police, who didnt know the way so i had to direct them, was tempted to direct them the wrong way :biggrin:

8. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Sure, I escaped the easy way. I told them what they wanted to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.