anybody ever had a failed jump sucide attempt?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by sophie5121, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sophie5121

sophie5121 Well-Known Member

might sound weird but has anybody ever tryed to commit sucide by jumping and it not worked?

im kinda new and i dont really know if im aloud to ask that or not but il just go for it

2. does not work. I can only jump a few inches off the ground!
  3. Hatemylife88

Hatemylife88 Well-Known Member

Dont even think about it, i read somewhere in the newspaper, that two girl tied themself to each other and jumped from i cant remember the height right now:blink:, but they didnt die just after 2 days, someone find them dead after one week, they must felt terrible pain.
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I believe it was from the 17th story balcony of a building if I remember correctly.
  5. Hatemylife88

No, it happened in my country one year ago, they were teenagers:unsure:
  6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

i read in newspaper... it was not suicide, but accident...

A windowcleaner falled from 42th floor and he survived... his brother died, but he is alive...

strange, isnt it?:blink:
  7. Hatemylife88

from 42th floor? now thats what i call miracle:blink:
  8. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I have heard of people skydiving and their chute not opening and them living. Now that is weird and a bloody miricle
  9. Sentient-Blizzard

Sentient-Blizzard Well-Known Member

WAT? okay then, Sophie you hear? Don't jump!
  10. Trident

Trident Active Member

Marion Cotillard, the actress oscar, lost her first love to suicide.
    The guy jumped off from a building in 1998. He was paralyzed 80 per cent and she was saying that he felt utter regrets and way worse than when he was battling his bipolar.
    He then off himself for good in 2002. He was 32. I read that today..
    You are mostly risking, like any violent attempt, paralyzing

hanging. paralyzed or brain dead
    gunshot.brain dead or defiguration

how about living, so not to risk just saying.
  11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

An excellent idea Trident. I just wish more people would consider it...
  12. I thought of flying off the Statosphere in Vegas but that would be tough to go through with.
  13. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

i thought about it many a time...but i back out.
  14. Mustafa

Mustafa Active Member

It didn't work for me after jumping from the 5th floor (60 feet). Had 7 surgeries and permanent injury to my left hand and elbow.
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Indeed. But kind of depressing. Considering I was keeping jumping an option.
  16. Mustafa

Mustafa Active Member

Jumping is wrong as any other suicide attempt. I have a nasty injury after jumping, but it could have been worse.
  17. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

When I was 13 I found a cliff (60-75 ft)planned it and jumped one night, didn't realize the tide came in and ended up swimming back to shore with a bad belly flop smack red mark.

I got this from another website which i wont give, its ok because as well as how they tell you what can go wrong

Results From Failure: Shattered femurs from impacting with water up to severe bodily harm from impacting with any solid surface.

Moral : dont jump
  18. Mustafa

Mustafa Active Member

Screw in my elbow, pins in my fingers and limited motione of my hand and arm are another prove of it.
  19. PressedIn

PressedIn Well-Known Member

A while back there was this whole big discussion about this kid on the internet, who jumped in an attempt to commit suicide. The background story was he was playing World of warcraft so much he never did anything, and after not being able to talk to a girl he tried to bridge people on the internet with his gold/items in World of Warcraft.

No one wanted to help him out, so he jumped off of a 4th story building and lived. He only broke his arm, but his teeth were so badly messed up it was horrible looking. He landed on his head and he broke his arm and teeth, it's not worth trying.

What happens if you live, become paralyzed and cant attempt again? Probably way worse living like that.
  20. bono

bono Well-Known Member

Almost two years ago, I jumped off the power plant where I work. It was a 14-15 story fall. Landed on the mechanic's shop roof. Leaving a 1.5 foot in dent in the roof. I broke three ribs, an appendage in my neck, and fractured my hip.

Stats on jumping says; that it is approx 90% fatal at +7 stories. But its not how fast you fall. Its how fast you come to a stop, and which body part you land on. (ie) landing on head or feet and you will break almost every body in your body. Land on thing bone (which is stronger than concrete) and you might just get stuck with a 4 months hospital stay.

~Bono the uppity canadian, with a floppy head and beady little eyes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.