Anybody feel like lack of sleep is ruining their looks?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by stuckinchicago6, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

It has already been a year since sleep has been close to impossible for me. I used to get 8 hours a night. I am lucky if I can get 6 hours now. Staying awake past 3 am used to be rare. Now, if I fall asleep before 5 a.m. I consider myself lucky. All the heartache and uncertainty of heartache has made my situation worse. Now, I have a new dilemma that causes me to stress more!
    Not sleeping has made me look terrible. I feel like my eyes are so hollowed out. Last month, for a brief period, I started crashing out about 10 hours a night and I looked so much better and I felt amazing. Now, it is back to hell.

Who feels the same and what physical changes do you notice?

For me, it is hollow eyes, red eyes, some puffiness, and just dullness of my skin. I even feel that my hair doesn't look thick anymore.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with you..without sleep I look like :paperbag:
    I have the blackest bags under my eyes,..they are lifeless....my skin goes red and yuk...and the hair hangs limp and loses it's shine.....
    after a couple nights no sleep I look like a :trolls:..
    did I also mention the wrinkles!!!!!!!!

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Aw...

I've slept about 2 hours/night since I was 13 or so.
    I *must* wear makeup every single day because my skin is so bad due to lack of sleep- the bags under my eyes reach down past my cheeks and are puffy as hell, and my eyes are constantly bloodshot.

It was really annoying-- for the longest time; people always assumed that I was stoned, although I've never gotten stoned a single time in my life- because of my bloodshot eyes.
    I switch different visene's on days that I go outside.

There are loads and loads of other health problems that come up- from lack of sleep... but yes. for sure; my 'natural looks' are pretty horrible because I don't sleep properly.

4. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

My bags go beyond my cheeks too. It is so bad. No eye cream works at this point. I was even considering getting restylane to plump up my eye and cheek area, but I see way too many cases gone wrong to go through with that. I rather look tired than have to deal with being deformed for 6 months. If the bags get any worse, I'm going to have to see a dermatologist.
    I also have to use Visine too now. It amazes me how white it used to make my eyes and now it barely helps. It is like they are permanently blood shot. If I don't use a corrector and concealer plus eyeliner, I look so bad. However, I have to be super careful about eyeliner because it sometimes makes me look worse. Sometimes I will even use a white eyeliner to open up my eyes more on the inner corners.

This is a real downer because I used to get so many compliments on my eyes. I have super long, natural lashes and now they go unnoticed. Of course, my computer and laptop are my only escape and combined with the lack of sleep, gazing at the PC also makes it worse.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

still the same....I used to get told I looked young for my age..not any more..

know exactly what you mean about the eyes....
    I love my concealer for under the eyes....it goes on thick these days...:sad:

6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yes when i dont sleep for a few days, wo-ah.

:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

2 inch of foundation will turn you into a Maybelline cover girl. Not that i speak of experience of coarse.

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I don't like foundation. I think I have a phobia of it. I can't imagine putting that on my face.

If I look wrecked, I look wrecked...that's how it is for me.

9. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

80% of wrinkles come from sun exposure, they say. If you're white, you only need 10-30 minutes of exposure. If you're naked, you probably need less. A lot of white people don't know about this, especially down south, and they get too much sun. Then there're occupations where people are forced outside in the sun. What choice do they have? Well, maybe they can wear a hat or use suntan lotion (stay away from the ones that have too many ingredients... stick with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide). Stay away from petroleum ingredients (or try to). Worst case scenario, you can get treatment for it. Beyond that, some wrinkles come from changing bones as you age. Since the bones change shape, wrinkles can form. And as you age circulation decreases and skin loses moisture. To be on the safe side, take some vitamin D supplements with Vit C and Vit E (or just have a good diet). This is to compensate for lack of exposure. People doing research at the north and south pole are the ones most likely to not get enough sunlight. But this is common in the cities closer to the poles. It's not as bad if you're a white person (i am), but it's very bad if you're a colored person (they need more sunlight). I also think that good exercising and diet can help increase circulation to your skin. Don't be too sedentary.

If you don't believe me about that then hang around colored people more. YOu will see in short time that they have few wrinkles (if any). This is especially true in latitudes closer to the poles. I've seen 50 year old colored people that look like 20 year old white people. The more colored they're the more pronounce it can be, depending on their habits outside and in. They're treading a thin line, though. That's because they need more sunlight than white people, and might not be getting enough. it depends on their habits.

You'll also notice smokers have a lot more wrinkles because it inhibits collagen production and reduces circulation.

Bloodshot eyes? Maybe you're allergic. Maybe you itch your eyes. Ya, maybe you don't get enough sleep.

I don't know why you people can't sleep. I'm 33 now and still can sleep my 8 hours. If I miss some sleep, I can recover it the next day or the day after, but if I wait too long I lose it permanently. Maybe it's because I'm not on drugs. I know they mess with the sleeping patterns. Then again, I"m not suicidal so I don't know what it's like to go through that.

Peace. I think a lot of you're bottled up inside. Exaggerate your flaws. Ya, people notice flaws and age, but how -you- feel about it matters more. I'm not blaming people, I'm only saying that a wrinkle is just a wrinkle, until you make it world war 3. I have a wrinkle under one of my eyes and various hard to see ones elsewhere that come and go. Generally, if I stretch the skin under the eye it goes away for a while. If I stay active it stays away for the day. Generally, it only really becomes a problem if I'm not active.

But I know what it feels like to not get sleep. My body doesn't let me ignore it if I do it. I don't understand how people can only sleep 4 hours a night. If I do that, I feel like something ran over me and I can't relax. So I don't do it.

When I was working, the furthest I went was 7 hours for sleep. I couldn't cut it anymore than that. I know one of hte presidential candidates boasted he only needed 5 hours of sleep. What a moron. I feel sorry for him. Our body needs rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  10. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  11. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

My looks don't seem to change much under my drastically sleep deprived state. And to be honest I'm more worried about how this is affecting my mood and cognitive clarity.

12. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I've got some serious bags under my eyes too. I wonder if they will ever go away.

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

What looks?!

14. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

Im beginning to think im looking more and more tired in my face! Grey under my eyes abit :(

15. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, sure... the puffy bags go all the way down the apples of my cheeks and they'll never go away.
    Covering them with makeup might be able to fool a camera but not my eyes. -___-
    Aside from bags; bad skin, discolouration, red eyes, greasy hair---- umm... the list could go on and on and on. There's no helping it though.

16. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Never had any looks to lose!!!

17. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

Yes.
    My sleeping habits are bad. When I don't have school, I stay up really late and sleep most the day. During the school week, I still stay up really late and only sleep about 5 or 4 hours lately. I always have black rings under my eyes and people say my eyes look like I have down syndrome.

18. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i'd have to care about my looks in the first place before i started worrying lol.

19. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

horrors of horrors!! they've stopped stocking my 'miracle' anti-'black under eye circles' cream.
    Oh my!! and you can tell I'm out of it...now I look goth

20. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. Sleep is my medication otherwise I'm headed to the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.