Anybody get told to get on the scales by a therapist?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by downunder, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Anybody get told to get on the scales by a therapist? I didn't even go to see her for an eating disorder. The first time I refused and she weighed herself.

Then last time I did get on the scales and got a shock as her scales had me weighing more than my own which made me more determined to lose weight. Sometimes I won't weigh myself for this reason and instead will do measurements to give me an indication.

Felt a bit degrading and childish. Then she asked me if I thought she was fat.

2. NPNS

NPNS Well-Known Member

Never been asked to get on the scales by a therapist, but my doctor always makes me (even if it's only a week since I've seen him). Weird!

3. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

most people who have never had an eating disorder don't know how to deal with people that do/have. it's not a surprise that she's doing this if you're not actually seeing her for this.
    i get asked every session to weigh myself, but that's just to see my progress because my issue with food stems from the main reason i see my Pdoc and i already knew that. your therapist could have been trying to get through to you - making a big deal out of it so she can see how you react to it. my Pdoc does something drastic most sessions to get a reaction out of me so we can talk about it. it's exhausting, but it's the best way that's worked with me. gets me to open up a bit more.
    if you don't feel comfortable with some of the things she does, then just say so :smile: and i hope it works out
    :hug:

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I was only weighed when I went to the hospital.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My psychiatrist asked me to step on the scales, and I don't even have an eating disorder.

6. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Decided I am not doing it again, she also wanted me to see a dietician but I am not paying out extra money $110.00 to see someone for them to tellme what I already know. I told her that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.