Anybody know what this is?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by SAVE_ME, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I had a very weird dream last night, and I'm wondering if it could've been a lucid dream, or OBE, or astral projection or anything of that nature. Here's what happened: the dream I was having, up until this point, had been pretty vague and I don't really remember it. All I remember is, at some point, I kinda "woke up" within the dream. At this point everything became pretty vivid. It felt a little weird. Pretty hard to explain unless you've experienced it yourself. I'd had a similar dream last week but within a few seconds it had faded back into a normal dream due to me getting overexcited. This time I felt my heart pounding, getting overexcited again, but I managed to convince myself to calm down, and started doing some breathing techniques, so I didn't suddenly wake up again. I still haven't gotten to the point where I'm able to fully control my dreams. I mean, I can tell that what I'm experiencing is a dream, but I tend to just go with the flow of what's already happening. I remember being in some kind of emergency room, laying on a hospital bed. The place was pretty dark, so I could only make out the tiles on the floor and the bed/trolley that I was laying on. The words "I am dreaming. This is a dream" suddenly came into my head and, at that point it was kinda like something had just hit me.....still pretty hard to explain....ahh, I suppose the best way to describe it is when you've been daydreaming for a while, and you've forgotten about everything that's going on around you, but then you snap out of it and come back to reality....that's what it feels like.

Anyway, as I was saying, I was in this emergency room, and not having much control over my dream, I just walked out of the room, into another room, and saw a TV blaring away. Couldn't quite make out what was on it, maybe some kind of manga or anime show, dunno. Then for some reason I saw my older brother. At that point the dream started to fade, so I tried to calm myself down. It worked for a bit and the dream went on for a bit longer than the previous one I had. Then I got pretty freaked out and wanted to wake up, but couldn't.....another intense experience - knowing you are dreaming but not being able to wake up.....at that point my head started to vibrate. It felt as though there was a ball in the center of my head, and something was orbiting around it. I got pretty panicky. For some reason I thought to myself, "ok, I'll check the internet or ask somebody how I can wake up from this", but decided against it cause I knew it was a dream and what I read wouldn't be real. After a while I thought "ok, I'm gonna close my eyes, and just wait this thing out, I'll wake up in my own time". After a while of just closing my eyes and waiting, I felt myself slip back into my body and the dream faded, and then I woke up.

So does anyone know what on Earth this was? Sorry I couldn't be more clear, it's still a pretty big thing to try and get my head around.

2. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I don't think it was a lucid dream, just because you weren't able to control it. Actually, it seemed just the opposite, as you were panicking. What were you doing the day before you had the dream?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.