Anybody transgender?

Discussion in 'LGBTQIA (New Forum)' started by BadWolf22, Aug 14, 2016.

1. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

Maybe this doesn't really fit in here but I think I might be trans and it scares me.
    Is there somebody here who's trans?
    If so, how did you realise you are, and how did people around you react to it?
    Because I kinda hate being a girl and I want to cut my hair and look like a guy and hang out with guys and stuff but I'm scared that my friends might think I'm a weirdo and I feel stupid for not being able to decide if I'm a boy or a girl.

(I'm sorry for my horrible english)

NaomiEtc and Thauoy like this.
  2. IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo Well-Known Member

I'm not full time or anything but I have always felt trans urges (mtf fyi) so I understand the difficult feeling of being in limbo and not knowing how you fit in. The only people I've had contact with in that mode are people who are already from that scene but I've never 'come out' to anyone I really know. Don't feel stupid that you can't decide! you don't need to be one or the other. If this is something that is important to you then you could try to move a little bit in that direction - maybe cut your hair or when some guys clothing. There are a lot of styles that work for men and women. Again, with your friends, maybe start by talking to one person you feel you can be open with and say how you feel. Whatever is true and real and you is the same thing that is beautiful and engaging for other people.

Take your time, and find out what feels right for you.

NaomiEtc and BadWolf22 like this.
  3. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

Thank you so much for your reply, it helps me a lot.

IamTetsuo likes this.
  4. cren

cren Well-Known Member

hey if it might help.. you may want to look into lgbt forums.. i joined one months ago when i was trying to figure things out about my sexuality.. really helped me a lot..

5. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

Didn't even know that exists. Thanks, I'll try that.

6. cren

cren Well-Known Member

you may find lots in the internet.. but just make sure you check which one is right for you.. good luck..

BadWolf22 likes this.
  7. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

You may want to join Reddit they have a lot of "subreddits" that deal with lgbbt

8. Faded Lucia

Faded Lucia New Member

9. Katyria

Katyria Member

I'm trans (MtF). I came out like 4 years ago and have been transitioning for 3 or so. My father wasn't really negative about it when I came out but he wasn't really positive either. I think he was confused, we ended up going to parent/youth lgbt sessions and the people there really helped me father out with how to deal with his child transitioning. He's pretty supportive these days. Transitioning has negatively changed my life in some ways though. People look at me and sometimes I'm called names out in public, even though in told that I look female. I still hate my body even with the hormones and I don't know if that can ever be fixed.

Anyways I know sometimes it can feel lonely being trans, so yep, I'm here.

BadWolf22 likes this.
  10. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

Thanks, Katyria. I think being mtf is even harder cause people are less accepting (correct me if I'm wrong), so good luck and keep your head up no matter what they say.

Spottheshark likes this.
  11. Katyria

Katyria Member

Thank you, I am doing my best :) I hope that you can stay strong too.

I think they only way that being MtF is harder than FtM is the way hormones work when/if you choose to go down that path. Estrogen is a lot less powerful than Testosterone so when you take E the effects of it take way longer to happen and they aren't as noticeable. Where as someone starting T will notice effects of the hormones faster and they will also be a lot more noticeable to yourself and others. Sometimes I am very jealous that FtMs actually have their voice changed when they start T. Voice is a very key component to passing I think.

Spottheshark likes this.
  12. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Ive said it before, don't worry about labels and be comfortable with who you are. If you want to cut your hair, do it and see if you like it. Get the clothes you feel comfortable in. Good Luck

BadWolf22 likes this.
  13. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

I actually cut my hair just 2 weeks ago and I love the hell out of it! I am a lot more confident cause I kinda pass already even though that's all I've done up to now. The only problem is that I pass too much for using the girls bathroom but don't pass enough gor the mens...

Thanks, good luck to you too

NaomiEtc and DrownedFishOnFire like this.
  14. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

I actually cut my hair just 2 weeks ago and I love the hell out of it! I am a lot more confident cause I kinda pass already even though that's all I've done up to now. The only problem is that I pass too much for using the girls bathroom but don't pass enough gor the mens...

Thanks, good luck to you too

15. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

16. Tsukinon

Tsukinon Member

Hi! I am transgender as well, mtf, that is. I´ve been living full female since around half a year, although i am still pre-transition and searching for a therapist since it´s pretty hard to find one with knowledge about transitioning who is not out of volume where I live. My parents have been pretty neutral towards the situation, still having lots of problems living with the change but it´s not negative. From friends i´ve actually gotten lots of support and they´ve been very accepting (except for one but well).
    For me, getting to know that I´m trans was a slow process. I´ve had times around start of puberty when I just hoped so badly that I´d wake up as a girl. But dont worry in case you didnt have it that early, it´s different for everyone after all. Well, I actually used to go in chat rooms just saying I´m female, I didnt know why but I did it, I was also in love with those prank videos with guys that can do a girl voice and tried to do it myself. Well eventually i stumbled upon a few youtube videos about trans stuff, how they came out, what hormones did, thst kinda stuff. I knew about it before but never considered it for me, now though, I watched these videos hours a day for a week straight xD Of course eventually I realized how fitting it was to me and started questioning myself "Is that really who I am? Could i be trans?" After looking up more videos of how people realized they were trans I came to a conclusion that I was.
    To me, the thought of living as the non-assigned gender was extremely scary. I was sooo afraid of what people would think and if i could ever look the way I want to. It still is a little scary to me, that i was once known a guy and tbh, I like to hide it rather than not.
    I still have a long way to go but in the end, nobody can tell you if you are trans or not. You have to figure it out yourself and if you are even considering/questioning it, there´s a good chance you might be.
    Stay strong and be who you wanna be ‹3

17. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

Hey, thanks for the advice. Good luck with any further transitioning, Tsukinon!

18. armygirl

armygirl Member

I guess I am in the hopeful range..that being said that I have always felt that I should have been a boy..That started when I was 4 and had my first girl crush, and progressed where when I got girl clothes, toys and stuff for Christmas it always felt wrong..I was always trying to trade my toys for GI Joes or Transformers..my mother didn't allow me to wear pants much as growing up in a small town, people talked and they talked about the girl who wore jeans and boots alot (me) so after that my mother forced me into hair and makeup and dresses....we would have morning beatings and she would beat me into submission to dress like my assigned gender..she would burn me with the curling iron every morning until I submitted...

anyway, I regress..I still believe I should be a man, but at my age of 40 and financial situation , I don't see treatments anywhere in the future, so for now I am stuck with just dressing and acting the part..I would say that at the least, I would be extremely happy if I could get enough treatment to at least allow me to grow a beard

19. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say. But I am reading your thread. Be well. Best wishes and hugs.

BadWolf22 likes this.
  20. BadWolf22

BadWolf22 Benjamin

Wow, that sounds bad. Keep trying and fighting, man, i hope you're ok.

armygirl and NaomiEtc like this.