Anybody want to talk?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PreferNotToSay, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thats all, just talk to me
  2. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

How are things?
  3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

and how are you doing?
  4. I guess they are okay. I feel down sometimes, but thats to be expected. I think its hard to be happy when there is so much ineauality and suffering in the world and there is little i can do about it. Is there a solution?
  5. that should say inequality, typo!
  6. oval

oval Well-Known Member

well you can influence your own environment and make the world better a little bit. personally im a vegetarian so that gives me a good feeling about making the world a little better. everyone tells me that i dont make a change and that people still eat meat but i dont care bc i know that it does make a difference.
  7. Thats a good point and i agree with you that it does make a difference. I suppose we can all make a diffrence in our way, but the really big problems like poverty in africa for example, people literally starving to death. Seems outrageous, but a collective apathy of people lets it be. Thats a big obvious issue obviously, there are many others. Name some problems with the world, lets see if we can sort them out!
  8. oval

oval Well-Known Member

greed and ignorance on the top of my head. i think ignorance is the worst one but they both cause war
  9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

10. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I believe there is a solution to the suffering. I think that as more people become conscious, things will change. And I think that is happening. Yes, the suffereing is still there. Horiffically so. But there are wonderful groups of people who are working on bringing relief to different places. is it enough? No. But I think its a beginning. I am not young. So I do not know if I will live to see the day where no one is in need anymore. But I do think that many people who are younger will. Now, theres something to live for !!

Do you think that maybe the best way to help that hopelesness you may be feeling about the earth and humankind suffering so much is to see if you can find some of the stories about those amazing souls who are making huge difference in places that are in dire need for that? You sound like a person who has a really good heart. The world needs more like you !!! So please stick around.

I have been told many times that the only way I can help to heal other parts of the world is to first heal ( let light into) myself. This isnt an event. Its an unfolding process. And both things can happen at once. Helping and healing. I hope what I wrote makes even a tiny bit of sense.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
  11. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Do you think that people are generally good, or bad?
  12. That makes a lot of sense, and I do agree, but greed and the desire for power seems to stop much progress. I think one day we might see global equality though and indeed it would be a great thing to be around to see. Anyway, agree with everything you say, great post.

That really gets to the main point doesnt it. I'm unsure. Speaking for myself, I think im generally good although I have done bad things (nothing terrible!) and myabe thats the case for most people. So if people are generally good at heart I think education and destruction of ignorance are the key to progression.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.