anyone around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandalwood

i'm not really sure how this will work out as i'm not so good at speaking about my thoughts.
generally speaking i'm just feeling so low right now and the most triggered i have been for a while. everywhere i look i visualise death. the window/plug sockets/medicine cabinet/ you name it. it's so heavy a feeling and i feel like i can't breathe. if anyone is around to talk i could use it. need a way to lift the veil somewhat so i can try and sleep. sleeping pills aren't even an option as i drank far too much today :(

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hey Sandalwood,
You will find in time that it takes a little while before ppl start to answer you. Some are working others are out doing whateaver it is that they do(HAHA). Do you know what is dragging you down? Do you have these thoughts very often?
Are you seeing a doctor or a therapist? Are you on meds? I am just trying to get a background on you so I know what is hurting you...

sandalwood

it's alright. i understand. i just panicked for a second as it's really intense right now. no meds or therapist at the moment. mostly i'm worried i have a problem with alcohol. been trying to come off it and feeling very unwell until i drink and i'm not really sure what to do. i think the realisation is making my tendencies for suicidal thought much worse.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hello Again,
You really should go to the hospital and talk to them. The therapist is a must in recovery because she/he can teach you coping skills.My therapist is always screwing with me because after three years I still talk negatively. The only difference is that I am not in crises. I still think of suicide everyday but you might say I have put it on the back burner. The meds aren't miracle drugs, all they are ment to do is help you to relax, beat the negative thoughts, and to give you some support when talking to someone. Take Care and Be Safe....

How are you feeling today sandalwood? Sometimes these feelings subside if you can ride them out. If they are still as strong as yesterday, then please go to the hospital and tell them what is going on. They can help to keep you safe. Take care. :hug:

LenaLunacy

Hi sandalwood, i am sorry to hear you have been feeling this way. I know how it feels, i have been there.
I hope you are feeling better today and that things are less intense now.
If you still feel unsafe today and the thoughts are still intense, as gentlelady said, pls go to hospital where you can get the help you need :) :hug: take care

sandalwood

thanks everyone. the feelings have subsided somewhat. i went to speak to a practice nurse at my local doctors surgery (who used to do exposure therapy with me many years ago for my health anxiety) i told her how i had been feeling and she was very understanding. she also said if ever i were feeling that way again i could go and see her. (useful as its only 2 mins walk away)
i don't know if i will, but it helped just to open that door and always have the option. i am also considering going back into therapy. although my money is limited at the moment.

notwanting2live

Thats good that youve gone and sought help =) I hope you will find peace in yourself and that you know that we are here for you wheneva, just post a thread or something, and someone will respond as soon as possible.

PM me anytime, Take Care

Xx Sky xX

wallflower

thanks everyone. the feelings have subsided somewhat. i went to speak to a practice nurse at my local doctors surgery (who used to do exposure therapy with me many years ago for my health anxiety) i told her how i had been feeling and she was very understanding. she also said if ever i were feeling that way again i could go and see her. (useful as its only 2 mins walk away)
i don't know if i will, but it helped just to open that door and always have the option. i am also considering going back into therapy. although my money is limited at the moment.
I Hope you are doing alright. I hope you find some help.

If you need to vent something, usually I am good at giving advice or just pm me if you are feeling down. I think that therapy really helps people. I haven't gone to therapy in a year and it has been tricky, you need someone who you can talk to- but try not to get too deep into things beecause you don't want to be emotionally dependent.I have noticed that when I am feeling anxious it is good to let go,
Go for a walk. Turn off the music and meditate- just be one with your thoughts and try and rise above whatever it is that's keeping you down.
But the best things are friends. I had an old friend talk with me yesterday after meeting someone online, who was really rude, and she talked me out of feeling suicidal. She is getting her nursing degree but she sometimes is like a therapist.
I know that without money, the internet can be a faulty resource. Maybe a social network? Some way to get your feelings out. Even group therapy?
Do you pray? that helps me? I am a Catholic, and that has helped in many ways just for the social part, and for the kindness and self-sacrifice for others.
Are you dependent on your paren'ts insurance? If you were that would help you pay for a psychologist or therapist. I am considering a psychologist because they analyze things deeper. But therapists will look at things and mine taught me to see the bright side- although she seemed to do that too much, like wasting my money in ways, because all she talked about was the positive side of things. haha. Well it helped, but you know what I mean.

:biggrin: Peace,
And I hope you feel better. Although my random advice isn't always the best, you need to find someone who is good. Like I said, if you can't afford a therapist- a good friend is always the best to lean on.

~Wallflower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00