Anyone been prescribed Haldol?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by RySp123, Nov 7, 2007.

1. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Does anyone been on Haldol ?

Never heard of it so rather know from who has first hand experience.
  2. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Yes i tool Haldol for a year or so. It is an older one of the antipsychotics and i worked very well for me. Dunno why my doc eventually changed it to a newer atypical antipsychotic, but i believe he thought my symptons were still too severe. The good thing about it is that it is real inexpensive, so unless youve health insurence thats a major plus. Actually im thinking about talking to my doc to let me take Haldol again for that reason.
    Good luck with it :)
  3. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Good, finally something positive. it did work on you. have you felt any side effects at the beginning? how long did it take before you started to feel any benefits from it? Any precautions or warnings I must know before? Those small writings I can no longer read........ sight is too bad

Thanks hun xx
  4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Dont remember any side effects, dont think i had any. But everyone is responding different to antipsychotics. Im sure they have a long list of all possible side effects, but dont worry about it and start it with positive thoughts (if you can).
    Hope you also wont have any side effects.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  5. JobForAVictim

JobForAVictim Well-Known Member

One thing you should know is that haloperidol, like the other typical antipsychotics, can cause extrapyramidal side-effects.
    If you are taking Haldol, you might want to watch out for any neurological symptoms like those, and tell your doctor if they do occur.
  6. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Thanks JobForAVictim. I have epilepsy and other neurological illnesses to will certainly follow the link and see what it says. Last thing I need is to worsen my health.

Bless you both.

Be well and safe and thanks a lot