Anyone been to Egypt? =D

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Landlocked blues, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

Im getting married in July and we really want to go to Egypt! Anyone who has been? Whats the best place to go (hotels, beaches etc) we are looking at going to Cairo for 3 days but not sure where to spend our "relaxing beach time" help!! Thanks iin advance guys! :biggrin:

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

What I've heard is that you should stick to the more expensive hotels, as others (below 3 stars) tend to be below the standard you can expect from a hotel (there are some exceptions of course, but you don't know for sure until you see the hotel IRL).

I haven't been to Egypt myself, but a friend of mine is in Cairo right now for the third time. I have seen pictures from past trips when he went to the pyramids, it looks awesome! I would love to go to the country myself...

Happy honeymoon! And don't forget your sunscreen

3. Landlocked blues

thank you F. i too have heard about not going to places lower than about 3 stars. any chance of some pics from your friend hehe

4. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Nope I havent mores the pity.But if you do go please let me know what its like as ive always wanted to go.Money has never permitted but ive just gotta see the pyramids.I want to see the Myan ones in Mexico aswell hehe.

Oh and...congrats xox

5. Landlocked blues

il definitely let you know. i would love to see mexico too so if you go before me, let me know what its like! :biggrin: Egypt is actually not to pricey if you book it all on line. check it out hun. everyone deserves a holiday!

6. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Yea...am just a bit dubious about travelling alone.Ive never had to do it before.Was with my sons father for 9years then my new ex for 5years until 2weeks ago.

Now theres nobody but me..I spose I should feel free and be glad to be able to do the things I want for once but the thought of travelling alone makes me sad x

7. Landlocked blues

aw im sorry hun. you are right though, you should enjoy this time to do what you want. if you dont want to travel alone, there are forums you can meet people in the sam,e situation as you who would love a companion like you :hug:

8. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I wouldnt know where to start looking hun lol.

Really hope you enjoy ureself tho xox

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I want to go!

Are you going to take a camera?

10. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I too wouldn't mind visiting Egypt mind you NZ aswell as many other places lol perhaps we should start a travel club on here :lol!:

11. Landlocked blues

ooh a travel club would be awesome! :lol!:

12. Landlocked blues

il take a camera and show you picks when im back! :biggrin:

13. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Woahhh amazing idea....im in where do I sign hehe?

I want to travel all over including like Las vegas,Arizona,California,San Fran,most of America,Mexico,Egypt,Bruges.

So many places so little time...whos coming lol x

14. ozbound

lol i'm in mind you if we do Europe be fun to do it on a bike. Come to think of it bikeing up and down the US highways would be nice too.

15. Landlocked blues

:cheer: awesome! we can do this!:surfing:................and this:wootrock: and maybe even a bit of this!:drunk: !!!!

16. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Been to egypt a couple of times, Sharm El Sheikh is gorgeous if you want to just lay around on the beach and by the pool, also really great for diving etc. Not real close to Cairo though :S

17. Landlocked blues

we were thinking of a multi centre anyway so Sharm does sound great! thank you :smile:

18. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I'm up! I've been abroad 4 times in a year

19. Landlocked blues

i wish i had a bike! i want a harley! then id come with you. but need to win the lottery first!

20. ozbound

Harleys are cool for the long straight roads but not too clever for the twistys as they grind out too easily but I would still have one. I only have two bikes at the moment but there's always room for another lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.