anyone brimming with knowledge about hamsters and dogs?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by meagainstme, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

well my dog is a little jack russell. but she is sooo naughty and annoying. anyways yesterday me and my gf brought a hamster and my dog was sitting there for HOURS staring at it. shaking and crying. then spent the whole night barking at it. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???

and my hamster hastook all bedding and food into the tunnel in the cage. anyone know why? lol i love animals. :rolleyes:
  2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

The dog... probably wants to eat your hamster. I would suggest moving it out of the dog's sight, or putting it in a room and keeping the dog out.

As for the hamster, they will do that. Next time you clean out the cage you'll probably find it moves them to a different place. It's just making its bed ^_^
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Hammys love to nest and will take everything they own (usually in their cheeks so expect a fat ckeeked hammy every so often) to a cosy spot.

The dog definetly wants to kill and eat the hamster..Jack Russels are hunting dogs. Remove the hammy from his sight cos he will scare the hammy.
  4. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

the hamster is really high up so there is NO way for the dog to get him. but ill move the cage so the dog cant see him in the tunnel. *fingers crossed*

effing dogs. lol

thanks for the help tho :) i was worried that the hamster would never come out of the tunnel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.