Anyone care to share a cuppa tea with me?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by octopod, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. octopod

octopod Active Member

Finally had some snow, and finally my mood is matching the sunshine. 'bout time for both. I found SF yesterday when I was really annoyed with something a well-meaning person said. I've been looking for a safe place like this for a long time. There are things only a fellow sufferer "gets." Brief history? I've battled depression since I was a teenager, and I'm in my 60s now. Throw in a few breakdowns and hospitalizations, a big pile of pills, enough therapy bills to help the national debt, a failed marriage, no career and that's me. But I'm a good friend, love animals and when I'm not in the closet under a blanket, I'm kinda fun to be around. I rely on hobbies to keep my mind occupied, exercise to keep me moving, and spend way too much time on the computer. I hope to be able to give some cyber hugs and get some if I ask politely. See ya.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi octopod welcome to SF hun a safe place indeed Hope you are enjoying your cuppa tea hun will join you with a coffee hugs to you

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome to SF. A tea sounds really nice in this cold weather. Good to have you with us. :hug:

4. octopod

octopod Active Member

Thanks so much. That I found this place the same day my depression lifted (it's not gone, just hiding somewhere waiting to catch me off guard) has to be a good omen. Coffee or tea, we can sit in front of the fake woodstove in the basement ... toasty warm and the flames are pretty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.