Anyone done the Covid test?

UKDude

Had to go today because one of sons football team mates has tested positive, so everyone in the team has to be tested - he can't go to blinking school tomorrow now.

Anyway, the Uk system is a shambles, you're supposed to book online to go to a test center but it said no availability, try again later. In the meantime he spoke to one of his friends who said you can just turn up, they're expecting us all.

So, got there and walked in and.... there was not a single soul in the place being tested - about 20 or 30 staff stood about and not a single patient. So I said it's very quiet in here, and the girl said yeah we can't understand it we've been on shift for nearly 12 hours and the only people who've been is you football lot.

I said do you think it's anything to do with the system saying there's no availability? They didn't have a clue, but hadn't thought something must be wrong.

Anyway, the test isn't so bad you stick a long cotton swab thing down your throat til you gag, then stick it up your nose to the back.

Bit uncomfortable but bearable, results are 24 hours to 48 hours, and since they'd not tested anyone today I'll hopefully get them back quicker.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
We're here to support you, maybe the web page you visited was out of date or just idk really, a strange one. And maybe the test centre you visited just had a quiet day.

I have been tested yes, got my results in 24 hours and the test wasn't too bad, just a little uncomfortable when they put the cotton bud up your nose, the tonsil part was fine. I tested negative.

Sorry you are going through this, it might be annoying as hell but its very important and please try not to worry, I know people who have had covid, not close to them but they did not get extremely sick, just a mild bug, that's how they described it. Praying that your test comes back negative.

Also praying the player that has it recovers swiftly.

UKDude

I'm not worried thanks I think there's zero chance we have it, he was in contact with the person who has it a week ago. No symptoms from anyone else in the group (about 40 of them), or us.

The phone line just said no availability for tests, try again later and the people at the test center wondered why no one had been in.

Anyway, not going to lose any sleep over itbut thank you for your kind thoughts,and glad yours was negative.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I did the test also. (Very annoying)
Glad you guys are all doing well. So strange they just have the system all messed up and are hanging around like that lol They were like- this is the best money we've made in ages!
Edited because I can't spell

Last edited:

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
They were like- this is the waist money we've made in ages!
Waste of money? Just the tip of the iceberg. Few months ago the decided to comission some firm to manufacture face masks. The order came to a few million pounds sterling. Delivery of the order, all the masks had to be scrapped because they came with ear loops and instead of tie backs as per NHS guidelines/standards.

Track and trace system - PM Bojo wanted a world beating system. What he got was a self beating (or monkey slapping ;)) one instead. Again, tax payer's monies pissed up the walls. Considering there's already effective systems in place, just use them ffs.

Covid testing, the experiences of @UKDude doesn't suprise me in the slightest. The whole thing is a fucking omnishambles from start to finish.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
While yes, a waste of money, I didn't just improperly homophone - that was supposed to be "best" I think. They were all sitting around happy that they didn't have to do shit all day for hours on end with an empty room.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Just seen this, glad you're all okay.

I had a test back in April/May some time. They insisted on taking the swabs themselves. My nostril bled for three weeks.

Few months ago the decided to comission some firm to manufacture face masks. The order came to a few million pounds sterling. Delivery of the order, all the masks had to be scrapped because they came with ear loops and instead of tie backs as per NHS guidelines/standards.

Track and trace system - PM Bojo wanted a world beating system. What he got was a self beating (or monkey slapping ;)) one instead. Again, tax payer's monies pissed up the walls. Considering there's already effective systems in place, just use them ffs.
Oh fuck, don't get me started on the shit show that is BJ...

Doing my second swab test tonight or tomorrow morning. Need to read the leaflet to see how much in advance of posting that it's ok to swab. I want to get it over and done with but I'm procrastinating since it's the middle of the night and it arrived too late to post it back today. Not looking forward to the walk to the postbox. It's not that far, but other than one single visit to the dentist, I haven't been anywhere sinch March. I might stay up and go at like 6am or something. Nobody will be around then.

FFurry

SF Supporter
I've been trying, but apparently I'd need to show symptoms before the doctor lets me have one. Anyone who wants a test can get a test? Methinks not quite yet.

Has anyone else been denied a test? At this point I would gladly pay for one (I hear some sorts of paid tests are coming to drugstores in my area).

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I've been trying, but apparently I'd need to show symptoms before the doctor lets me have one. Anyone who wants a test can get a test? Methinks not quite yet.

Has anyone else been denied a test? At this point I would gladly pay for one (I hear some sorts of paid tests are coming to drugstores in my area).
I think drug stores have been giving them for free in the US, as far as I'm aware.

Harmony

SF Supporter
[

You do need to be symptomatic to get a test. Your Dr. then needs to write an order for the test and send it to the testing site you choose (which would be based on your insurance coverage) If you were to go to a drugstore CVS etc they don't need an order from your Dr per se but they still require that you be symptomatic or have been in close contact with someone with a positive result in order to qualify.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00