anyone else addicted to coffee, vodka & SF

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by exnurse, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exnurse

exnurse Active Member

i drink coffee all morning and early afternoon, waiting for an appropriate time to open the vodka, and now find myself of SF most of the day
  2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

yup coffee,tea,whiskey rather than vodka and sf all day and night,tho ive not had a alcoholic drink for two weeks after demolishing a litre in a night and feeling bluuurrrgghhh for two days after.
  3. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

4. exnurse

exnurse Active Member

i forgot about the cigarettes, and prescription medication, this from an addictive personaility!!!
  5. In a Lonely Place

yup add some smokes onto my list too :(
  6. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

Coffee: Funny you should ask, because my coffee maker died before brewing this morning, and now I feel like my head weighs 800 lbs. I limit myself to 2 cups before 10am because of my insomnia, but boy do those 2 cups make a difference.

Vodka: Nope... had a bad vodka experience years ago (lemon drop shots... very messy), and still avoid it.

SF: Definitely!
  7. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

SF - yes!
    Vodka - well mostly red wine but after realising I was drinking a glass a night, I now have nothing at least 2 nights a week. I do enjoy surfing with a drink, its relaxing and feels like you are with friends.
  8. In a Lonely Place

A glass a night of red wine is not a problem,it's even recommended. When you start drinking two bottles of wine a night like I was your in trouble lol
  9. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to SF I guess, as a place to go during times of detachment and depression. I use it when I feel that really no one externally will relate to me on the level-- Only a handful of people in my life know I have bipolar disorder so when I get in the strange way I come here... As for alcohol, I have realized that I am not an alcoholic, but I am a problem drinker. If I'm in a safe place, I mean around people I know I can trust enough to let my guard down, I drink to the point of making mistakes. During school this has happened once a week or less... And then there's the meds. Social smoker sometimes.
    So it's not all consuming but it's definitely one of my self-preservation and coping mechanisms, an addiction in that I use it to feel better, and don't tell people in my life about it.
  10. exnurse

exnurse Active Member

iv come straight home from work, got a vodka and am now o SF am i addicted - i think so
  11. exnurse

exnurse Active Member

same here, i think im a problem drinker also, and definately use alcohol to make numb the pain, i dont tell anyone either the extent of my drinking - i think thats called denial ha ha

#18 Well-Known Member

I've been drinking coffee much more often lately and I've been smoking like a chimney as well :( I don't touch vodka x.x I prefer wine...
  13. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

yes am addicted to coffee had 3 mugs so far today and wanting more ...also i love it here
    but i don't come on here nearly enough as for vodka id better not go there
  14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

coffee and SF for sure, vodka not so much. Maybe another drink of choice
  15. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Coffee:yes!!!! Vodka:No, I prefer bacardi! SF:used to be, think I'm getting there again! :)
  16. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

No, no addictions at all, except maybe sugar and other junk food. It's all I want to eat these days. Maybe I've wandered around to the wrong place. I'll go look for the eating disorders forum now....
  17. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I don't have any addictions except chocolate and Internet… the Internet one is the worst. I used to smoke but it's been a few months now, so I think I've got that one under control.
  18. muse1001

muse1001 Well-Known Member

Coffee - Yes, definitely. I rely on it for keeping me awake most days.
    Vodka - Depends. I don't really have it all that much, but it's one of those things I could see myself getting addicted to if I wasn't careful.
    SF - Kinda, if you consider how much time I've been spending on it lately.
  19. letty

letty Banned Member

Thats a yes for vodka, possibly yes for SF, and I have one or two cups of coffee a day so Im not sure about that one. I come to this site because I can vent easily, compared to talking to the peoplea round me. I know this isnt one of them but I am addicted to buying things
  20. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

Coffee, vodka, cigarettes, this forum and a couple others. Anything to get myself out of my own mind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.