anyone else do this

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

was asked this yesterday.. and thought to myself, well actually.. yeah, i do this quite often!- so i'm going to ask it here

does anyone else relate to music artists- to the point where they feel that the artist is singing about them, or for them?. like they are born just to sing about your situation

2. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I've never thought a song was about me but it's easy to relate. I find songs by Pink, and the music videos that go with them, especially relatable as she sings a lot about body image, emotional wellbeing, etc. She seems quite dedicated to the cause and I respect her for that.

What bugs me is when artists like Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera do "love yourself" type songs - like "Firework" and "Beautiful." I like the message but, unlike Pink, it's just a song to them - their other songs give an opposite message (Aguilera's "Dirty," and Perry's video to "Last Friday Night." ) Pink truly seems to mean.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

and i caught the edit!:)

when i read it in my emails that part wasn't their:)

it's funny you should mention pink- because i used to think... ah, well, she's just 1 of those trashy little pop stars- probably won't like her

but more recently, i've been paying more attention to what she sings about.. and i now actually love her- you could say, i've gone from someone who wouldn't listen to any of her stuff, to someone with at least 3 of her albums

same went for katy perry actually- never used to like her at all but now i love her too
  4. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

lol I always remember to add something when it's already posted. And then I get a bit OCD about the word ordering...

I do enjoy Katy Perry songs, but sometimes it seems like she tries to hard to pretend she cares. There's no consistency.
  5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I cannot say that I have, but then again I do not listen to much music that is in a language I can understand or that has lyrics at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.