Anyone else feel frustrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

Disaster
I tend to get quite emotional about topics I'm passionate about, like LGBTQ+ rights, or societal issues like broken laws, and human psychology. But when I talk about these types of topics, and how shit could be improved upon, nobody I talk with seems to feel the same emotions that I do. And I know it's selfish to expect others to get my point of view, or even care about it, but it makes me frustrated.

Does anyone else feel this way too? I just don't want to feel alone in this.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Omg yes!

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one irl that cares about what's important. I don't understand how they can't see it. I find myself sitting in front of the TV watching the news and crying with hurt and frustration at the unfairness in the world and I want to scream for everyone to just DO something to stop it.

But when you look closer, there are thousands, millions of others around the world that feel the same. Look at the global climate strike last week, all of those people taking to the streets for the good of the planet. I even went on a political demonstration a few weeks ago and was amazed at how many people were there. It made me realize that we're not alone in feeling like this. There ARE others out there who care.

Maybe see if you could sign up for a local event so you can see for yourself that others are with you.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I can understand your frustration. Fairness is very important to me. I get pissed off when I see people are being taken advantage. It feels almost as if I'm being taken advantage of. It's part of why I started volunteering at the rape crisis center. And LGBTQ+ issues are important too me too. One time I had a dream someone was being beaten while stood by and laughed. I talked about that dream with a therapist. We talked about how it expresses how I feel nobody cares about these things.

Tay

Disaster
Also, it really frustrates me when I'm talking about some really heavy shit, or just generally ranting, and then the people I'm talking too don't really pay attention, like, they're not listening to me. Idk maybe that's also selfish of me, but sometimes I just want someone to listen to me, y'know?

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Also, it really frustrates me when I'm talking about some really heavy shit, or just generally ranting, and then the people I'm talking too don't really pay attention, like, they're not listening to me. Idk maybe that's also selfish of me, but sometimes I just want someone to listen to me, y'know?
Yeah it's like it's at the bottom of their priorities or they're in denial about it. I think they only want to focus on things they feel directly involve them.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
I tend to get quite emotional about topics I'm passionate about, like LGBTQ+ rights, or societal issues like broken laws, and human psychology. But when I talk about these types of topics, and how shit could be improved upon, nobody I talk with seems to feel the same emotions that I do. And I know it's selfish to expect others to get my point of view, or even care about it, but it makes me frustrated.

Does anyone else feel this way too? I just don't want to feel alone in this.
when i talk about the things i feel most strongly about with other people (anywhere) i’m listened to but there seems to be intense disinterest even though they often say that what i have to say is interesting. so yes, very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00