Anyone else feel like their already dead?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anarulesmenow, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I just feel like I'm already dead and I just have this weird feeling like I could die soon.I have attempted before but I'm not talking about suicide.I still feel like I want to die and could attempt though.At the mo though, I just feel like I'm about to die anyway.It's hard to explain but I feel like sometime soon I'm just going to fade away and one day soon I'm going to die soon(not talking about attempting here).Like one day I'll just drift away and not come back.Sorry this sounds really weird but I don't see a future.I guess I kinda hope that when this depression finally reaches the lowest low, I'll just fade away, accept it and die.
    I feel like I'm going to just...die..
    Gosh sorry this is weird.
  2. anarulesmenow

I'm like fading away in my mind and maybe if my mind gets so far gone, I will die.Its hard to explain
  3. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

yea I have been feeling this way the last few weeks
  4. anarulesmenow

what do i do im not sure i want help but i dont know at all.i know that if i stay here one day soon i just wont wake up, ill be so used up from all this that itll just kill me
  5. iwillbeok

iwillbeok Active Member

I understand what you mean, anarules. I think. :)
    I totally feel like I'm fading out of my own life. I'm retreating into myself and pulling away from all social contacts. I imagine myself laying on my couch...pulling into a fetal position, tighter and tighter until I just disappear.

I can see myself just...gone. I see me as history and in the past. I see myself as a 'was', not an 'am'.
  6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

YEP....says it all :dry:
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I explained this feeling to my therapist and she explained to me that the feeling I had was a near-death experience, most likely from some kind of birth trauma, or childhood trauma that I don't remember.
    Maybe you are having a near-death experience.

My own thoughts on this feeling as if you are going to die is also that most of us have identified with our pain for a long time, to the point where we believe we ARE our pain. And when you are ready to heal and move beyond it, it feels like a death. But it is not a literal death, even though it feels like it.

So keep that in mind also, that something may be rising that is going to be healed, and that this "death" is not really a death but the beginning of true healing and a move into something better.

all the best
  8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I aint having a near death experience, I'm having a want a death experience fucking depressed I cannot believe I am still alive..there is no God or he woudl intervene :mad:
  9. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i dont think it sounds weird at all.

even when im not that depressed, most days i feel like i am just existing and that im not really alive.

i feel like everything is sort of 'automatic'. everyday events and everything in between just sort of happens and if i just disappear, it wouldnt matter and nothing would change and everything would just continue on uninterrupted.
  10. danni

danni Chat Buddy

yeap maybe one day it will come true and maybe just maybe my wish will come true.
  11. free_your_mind

free_your_mind Active Member

i feel that my soul is dead, and that i am a zombie walking around the living.
  12. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

For a while with my physical pain and irritation I literally felt like I was dying. I still do to some degree.

I have hope things will get better and I can feel the way and look the way I used to. With that said If i knew things didn't get better and all my suffering was in vain. Which is a definte possibility, I would already feel dead
  13. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

i am a dead person wandering aimlessly until i lay still. i think my mind is dying. i find myself day dreaming a lot more, then someone calls me back to reality. and i hate them for it
  14. Natt17

Natt17 Member

Those sound like my exact thoughts. I've been this way for a couple years. I often pray to God to take my life so i won't have to. Up until now i thought I was the only one with those thoughts.
  15. anarulesmenow

Its almost like ive in some way passed my own death sentence and I just have the weirdest feeling I dont have too long left.
  16. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Come on guys. We're all clearly alive otherwise we wouldn't be able to type these messages. :tongue:
  17. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I feel like I am on the verge of dying. I have had one heartattack a couple of years ago. to this date I get no exercise, I smoke, I have high cholesteral, and I get pains in my chest off and on, a couple times a month. I don't mention them to anyone I just deal with the pain. If someone comes in my room when I am like that I just pretend to be sleeping. So my thoughts are leaning that direction. I used to pray to god that he take me away, well he didn't send me a sign or even let me know he was there. So I quit praying to him. :chopper:
  18. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

I have felt this way for years..I live in a world where I cannot understand those who share this existence...
    Their preocupation with material wealth, their self centered little lives that only seem to concern themselves..I continually ask myself, do I really belong here? Do I really want to be a cog in this machine who's only purpose is to chew me up and spit me out?
  19. bourne

bourne Member

I don't necessarily feel like I'm going to die soon, but it's tough to picture myself still around 5 years from now. There have been a few people who have told me that I come off like I'm "dead inside", if that's what you're talking about. As if I'm just a husk going through the basic motions to continue living, but nothing more, and there's no joy or pleasure in any of it.

It is pretty accurate. I haven't felt real emotion for many years now... I've reacted with the appropriate (or sometimes inappropriate) outward emotional response, but there's nothing going on inside.

For a while at the end of high school I went on an adrenaline rush phase, since I figured when you're on that rush it's the only real time you feel alive. The problem was that anything "safe" (roller coasters, skydiving, etc) didn't give me a rush because I didn't feel like there was any real risk involved. That's when I started doing stupid stunts like carsurfing, which ended with me being throwing off an SUV at around 35-40km. That may not sound very fast, but it's plenty fast when you hit the street. Broke the bone in my forearm clean through.
  20. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yeaaaah.. I'm just empty waiting to die. my sloppy typing and slow speaking shows I just don't care about any thing any more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.