anyone else feel like this when waking up?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by gem, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gem

gem Member

hi everyone

often, just before i wake up I am aware that I'm awake, but it's as if all the content of my life hasn't caught up with me yet, or something. It doesn't last long - probably not even a couple of seconds. Then it's like everything I am suddenly, and completely, crashes into me - usually without any specifics - and this overwhelming sense of dread totally drowns me out. It's sort of like a heaviness that just instantly fills every bit of me. And I long to not be here. Sometimes I dread trying to sleep because of the waking up. And because of nightmares. But, sometimes I don't want to be awake any longer either.

Can anyone else relate to this?

thanks for reading,
    gem

2. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

I've had some really weird dreams. I've actually heard or felt myself snoring! It was actually a bit scary.

3. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Not that I really snore that badly at all.

4. createdforopinion

createdforopinion Active Member

Well, I wake up absolutely miserable everyday. I usually have quite vivid and amazing dreams, and then I have to wake up to my own shitty life. Most days I am the most angriest and depressed when I wake up.

5. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

I go to bed everyday thinking I have had a shitty day.

I also go to bed knowing tomorrow will be an equally shitty day if not worse.

I wake up every day in the full knowledge that today will be a shitty day.

And it always is.

6. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

I can relate a bit. Wake up and feel just, well nothing, but not terrible. And then you remember everything that's gone on, and how you were previously feeling and then you feel dreadful. Feel like you don't wanna get up.

7. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Waking up is the worst time. Because it drags me back to life. And I cannot emphasise the word DRAGS more.
    I feel like I'm pulled back into this world, where everything sucks, kicking and screaming. Even if I've had a shitty dream it's usually better than the reality of being here.

When I wake up I am insanely depressed, it's the worst time and it takes me about an hour to shake out of it.

8. gem

gem Member

aurora gory alice - yes, 'drags' is the perfect word for it.

I'm really sorry so many people can relate to it, but I have to admit there is some sort of comfort in knowing I'm not the only one. Sometimes I daydream about a nightmare free, refreshing, sleep where I awake the next day to feel - not even happy - just, ok. Where the tsunami-like rush of all that is dark doesn't knock me over before I've even stood up. That would be nice.
    If it ever happens I will be straight on here to share it!

9. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

i don't feel like waking up, i like to escape reality and live in my dream, it's so much interesting, suprising and fun. I can be someone else for once.

10. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Kind of.

When I have some issue/event which is giving me A LOT of anxiety, I always feel very content just as I wake up. It almost feels like a mild oxy high. My mind is clear and empty, I know who I am but my troubles feel like they're far away. It only lasts a few seconds though.

Then something clicks, I wake up properly, turn into "regular" me, and all my problems come flooding in. I feel a surge of anxiety and dread. It sucks.

Problem was I was dreading something for a good 6 months - a year. So waking up every morning with that feeling was truly terrible, but things got better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.