Anyone else feel this way?

Discussion in 'The Uncertainty Principle' started by Retar(ded), Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retar(ded)

Retar(ded) Guest

I just woke up and it's a bit difficult to organize my thoughts, so please bear with me.

For perspective, I am a 21 year old male, in the USA. I just can not understand how so many people are contempt with life. What is the point exactly? Being happy is a good reason to be alive, but how can one draw happiness from the world we are living in today? Do people really get joy from waking up, working all day, and then coming home and staring at the idiot box(tv) until it's time to go to bed so you can get up and do the exact same shit as the day before?! We are working ourselves to death for what? To be rich, to have big houses and shiny expensive cars, to make us feel like we are more important/successful/better than others? Not my cup of tea. I can understand why some people work as hard and as much as they do, they may have children to feed, or they could also be working towards a future goal. My problem is that I don't have any dreams or goals, I feel not a need to be rich or famous, and I also don't feel an obligation to accomplish something so that I am deemed successful through the eyes of others.

Anyways, this post makes no sense and is worthless, kinda like life.

Someone once said, "Life's a shit sandwich, and every day you take a bite." I am about to just toss that sandwich in the trash. If you read this far, sorry for wasting a few minutes of your time.

2. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

This is what my parents do. I can only hope I don't end up like this. Life has been seeming more and more meaningless lately. Sorry to hear you feel the same way. I wish I could give you a positive and motivational message that life will improve one day and have meaning. But I am not so sure I believe that myself. :sad:

You are definitely not wasting anyone's time though. This is what we are here for. To help you. :smile:

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

You didn't waste my time. I often have the same questions: what's the point of living in this cesspool of a world?:unsure: How do I find/make happiness out of all this crap?? :blink:

When I'm not feeling too depressed or anxious I just take things one day at a time, and try to "fix" or make better the little things I am able to "fix or make better". I try to do at least one kindness every day, big or small, friend or stranger. I feel better about myself when I help someone else in some way. I try to make my little 'corner' of the world a friendly warm safe place. I also think that if we all started performing "random acts of kindness" and "paying it forward" in doing for others, the world could become a better place on the whole.:smile: But since I am but one person I can only tackle one little thing, one little piece of the world at a time... so that's what I do.:smile: And it helps keep me balanced... tho I don't want to be too "balanced". Being "normal" never did appeal to me!:rolleyes:

love and hugs,

least

PS; unless you're being malicious or demeaning to the site or the members, you're not wasting anyone's time.:smile:

4. Retar(ded)

Retar(ded) Guest

Thanks for the kind words you guys, at least now I know I am not the only one with these feelings.

Most of the time I feel that way, as if the world is out to get me, life is unfair, and I'm the only one that it happens to. But every once and a while I have that glimpse of clarity that I actually am far better off than a lot of people in the world. I have a place to live, food to eat, clothes to wear and what not. It's just hard to keep that in mind all the time.

Well, I'm off to work, again thanks for the replies. I think I will register here when I get home. Seems like I could connect well with others here who are at the same crossroads as I.

PS- I agree about the helping others statement, it does bring me some joy, even if it's just for an instant.

5. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

You know what? I have to admit I used to think this way. And I know I'm going to sound really stupid when I say this, lol, but please bear with me.
    Um. So, for approaching three years I thought the same as you, that people just got up, went to work, did their stuff and then came home, and then the next day it starts again, lather, rinse, repeat as needed.
    But now...I don't know. I fell in love (overdramatic as that sounds) and...it's like everything suddenly has meaning. I'm no longer just trying to get through the day and get home and start again...it's like as soon as I get up, I feel happy because I know there is someone out there who is thinking about me...and I go about the things I need to do while thinking about him...and somehow everything makes sense, like this is the way it's supposed to be.
    I'm sorry if this sounds like a load of sentimental crap. But it's just...maybe you haven't found it yet, this feeling of things being as they should be...but that doesn't mean you can't. Sure, we can't all change the world, but we can change the lives of people around us, and our own lives, and to them and us, we can mean a hell of a lot. You owe it to yourself and those around you to hang on and see what your life can bring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.