Anyone else have this problem?

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
I'm curious if it's just me. While using the app, if I comment on a post someone makes on my profile, as soon as I submit the comment, the app crashes. I'm able to get right back on, but I'm still not sure if my comments are actually posting. This doesn't happen when replying to regular forum posts, just on profile posts.

When I make multiple profile posts, there's usually flood control pop up that tells me that I have to wait a few seconds.

I'm wondering if the crash could be something related to that.

CodeX

Controversial Figure
SF Artist
When I make multiple profile posts, there's usually flood control pop up that tells me that I have to wait a few seconds.

I'm wondering if the crash could be something related to that.
That probably occurs when your message is already submitted in background but app is still to receive next page. That makes app think you are submitting your message multiple times.

CodeX

Controversial Figure
SF Artist
I'm curious if it's just me. While using the app, if I comment on a post someone makes on my profile, as soon as I submit the comment, the app crashes. I'm able to get right back on, but I'm still not sure if my comments are actually posting. This doesn't happen when replying to regular forum posts, just on profile posts.
I believe you are using iphone .. someone needs to test that on an ios app.

Charlene

SF Supporter
My app crashes constantly when i got an alert about a post of someone and I wanna look at it.
And when someone replied or liked one of mine it gets me to the thread but a different page of it.
Deinstalled it again.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
On the bottom of the page that opens when you open something from your app it has numbers 1 of 8, 3 of 6 , etc. When you have multiple notifications it puts the notifications in order and takes you to them- and mine mostly seems to take me to (ios / Iphone) the last notification. So while i might have touched the notification saying wildcherry replied to my post it takes me to the last one saying supernova liked my post.... and says I am on 6 of 6 and i can scroll through them or I can go to notifications on the app and touch the one i want to reply to and go to exactly that one instead of trying to figure out what order the notifications came in.

When I reply to conversations and / or do profile posts if i hit the post/reply button more than once it closes the app even though it does in fact send the message. I thought i had not touched it and was just sitting there so i hit it again and it closes app... if i wait for few seconds then it acts normal, but i have a very hard time telling if it is waiting for me to touch the button/didn't record that I touched it already or if it is just trying to do what i asked and is taking a couple seconds - it does not instantly start posting and delay the next page load like on the computer - the delay is in leaving that page instead of loading the next one.

I have sent forward a list of things to be looked at by our developer- and as things do get looked at we will make a list of things that need to be changed and do an update, but I am inclined to wait a month before rushing an update and then having an update every 4-5 days for each issue and just get one update addressing any /all issues.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I wasn't going to say anything until I found other people are having the same problem. when I get tagged for jim's café I don't get the alert. this has been happening for about a week. other threads I get the alert it's just jim's café. I think it's kind of weird that's all. mike

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I wasn't going to say anything until I found other people are having the same problem. when I get tagged for jim's café I don't get the alert. this has been happening for about a week. other threads I get the alert it's just jim's café. I think it's kind of weird that's all. mike
Where as I get alerts for things I'm not tagged in or even threads I haven't ever replied to. I keep meaning to take a screenshot and then I forget. It's not a big deal though.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not either although I wonder if it's about a lot of tags not working together- or some working as alerts or some not.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Exact same issue here. It’s not actually a problem for me, so I didn’t want to complain, because I usually end up just reading the whole thread and seeing the tags anyway (how I know it’s happening in the first place). But yeah, since others are mentioning it...

Now that I think about it, maybe it is happening in other threads and I’m not noticing because the new “Jim’s” is the only one I make sure to check every day. So hey, if anyone is tagging me and I’m not responding, I’m not ignoring you.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Freyja was also mentioning messed up tags today and seemed like it was also focused on Jim's. Very strange. Something is definitely flaky.
what's weird is it's been happening to me for a while and today your tag came through the other one didn't I think you guys are doing it on purpose to drive me bonkers. let me tell you, it's working

Freyja

Not staff. Freyja with a j.
SF Supporter
@Freyja was also mentioning messed up tags today and seemed like it was also focused on Jim's. Very strange. Something is definitely flaky.
Yes, that was the issue I was talking about ;-) It seems indeed to happen in Jim's Café when there's a few usernames mentioned. Maybe when people copy/paste tags, the source code changes somehow and the references are removed. Just an idea. Thank you @1964dodge for bringing that up here. :)
It worked today for me, too!

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
maybe if this problem lasts more than 2 or 3 days admin can make an announcement so people won't be hurt by thinking they're being ignored. I like everyone else wants a glitch fixed immediately, but it's hard work and I know they are doing their best. I would like to thank them for their hard work. mike*hug

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
You get notified of a single tag or notification until you have opened your alerts. 5 people tag you does not result and will not result in 5 notifications on the same thread. If you open the app ot are using the app or the forum when a notification comes- like for example you read a thread and go back and click your alerts to look at the next one, you will not get any notification that should occur from the time you last looked at notifications without refresh or change page - because you "opened" it already so far as the computer cookie is concerned. It would have sent a notification if had gone back to forum or another thread directly, but if you opened alerts even though you had not received the new alert it had been sent wand was sitting pending waiting to change page or refresh... not sure I am explaining it well but that is the issue the vast majority of the time. I can go in and track every "tag" and can check the alerts and they are all there unless it is multiple notifications in the same thread/post.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You get notified of a single tag or notification until you have opened your alerts. 5 people tag you does not result and will not result in 5 notifications on the same thread. If you open the app ot are using the app or the forum when a notification comes- like for example you read a thread and go back and click your alerts to look at the next one, you will not get any notification that should occur from the time you last looked at notifications without refresh or change page - because you "opened" it already so far as the computer cookie is concerned. It would have sent a notification if had gone back to forum or another thread directly, but if you opened alerts even though you had not received the new alert it had been sent wand was sitting pending waiting to change page or refresh... not sure I am explaining it well but that is the issue the vast majority of the time. I can go in and track every "tag" and can check the alerts and they are all there unless it is multiple notifications in the same thread/post.
Are you saying that a person will only get one notification/alert to a thread even if a few people on the thread tagged them?
I sometimes go onto the cafe and see tags when I didn't get any alerts to the threads.
5 people tag you does not result and will not result in 5 notifications on the same thread.
And sometimes I see that I've gotten 3 alerts to the same thread.
I actually keep tagging to less than 10 a post.

moxman

The "Perfect Life" YouTube channel is neat
SF Supporter
I use the iPhone app. Usually no problems.

Today, I was replying to a comment someone posted on my profile page and the App closes when I hit reply. At first, I thought my comment was too long. I tried sending a second one much shorter.

Also, I can't see the other messages the other person and I exchanged. Anyone else having this issue?

I really like the app.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00