anyone else have this with PTSD?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wonderer, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

I have PTSD as a result of being in a really bad home situation. I'm no longer in that situation. However, I've found since then that other things I've had problems with have ended up being things I've had flashbacks to even since I left home.

For example, there was one night when my now-ex was over, and was mad at me, and refused to leave, refused to talk, just laid there on my bed and wouldn't do or say anything. I asked him to leave 5 times, no response. Finally I said fine, stay, just make room for me to sleep, he said no, he'd go. Then had a meltdown and decided he was a terrible person and wanted to stay anyhow. This was an isolated incedent that normally I'd be pretty ticked off about, but in and of itself wouldn't have done me any significant damage. Yet I have flashbacks to it now.

Is it possible that, already having PTSD, its easier for me to get flashbacks to things unrelated to the problems that caused the PTSD? Has anyone else experienced something this happening to them?
  2. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

One of my five diagnoses is PSTD, Yes I do find that some events will trigger flashbacks. I am still trying to figure out what all my "triggers" are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.