?Anyone else here always feel tired no matter how much sleep they get?

iloverachel

An outcast, forgotten and excluded by society
I am always tired even with a full 8 hours sleep.
I have got my bloodwork and thyroids and testosterone checked (all fine)
Been eating healthier and exercising regularly
I still suffer from fatigue daily. Maybe its my depression making me tired so that i can sleep and be away from reality.

Aves

We’ve been talking about this in dbt this week, the impression I got from my therapist is that a big factor in it all is what kind of sleep you’re actually getting. So is it a deep sleep or REM ( rapid eye movement), I think there are apps that can track this sort of thing but I’m not sure. I get around 8-9 hours of sleep a night but I wake up still feeling fatigued too so I’m going to try and figure out what I might be missing out on that might make me get a more restful sleep. He also mentioned waking up in the night can obviously affect your quality of sleep so maybe if you’re having nightmares that can also factor in to that. It could also be the depression, it’s very draining and that can feel like it’s sucking the life out of you. I hope you can find something that will help.

iloverachel

We’ve been talking about this in dbt this week, the impression I got from my therapist is that a big factor in it all is what kind of sleep you’re actually getting. So is it a deep sleep or REM ( rapid eye movement), I think there are apps that can track this sort of thing but I’m not sure. I get around 8-9 hours of sleep a night but I wake up still feeling fatigued too so I’m going to try and figure out what I might be missing out on that might make me get a more restful sleep. He also mentioned waking up in the night can obviously affect your quality of sleep so maybe if you’re having nightmares that can also factor in to that. It could also be the depression, it’s very draining and that can feel like it’s sucking the life out of you. I hope you can find something that will help.
Thanks for the info! Hope you figure it out too! Good luck *hug

hey there
Ive also been fighting daytime sleepiness for a long time. Polysomnography didnt come up with anything, same for bloodwork etc.
I've tried many stimulans (methylphenidate, Lisdexamphetamin-Dimesylat etc.)

What works for me now is taking modafinil. That isn't really a fix tho. Merely a "bandaid"...
I dont feel more daytime sleepiness than "healthy" people anymore (on most days). But there still are days, on which I can fall asleep anywhere, despite taking medication.

Have you tried any medication against sleepiness/tiredness?

iloverachel

hey there
Ive also been fighting daytime sleepiness for a long time. Polysomnography didnt come up with anything, same for bloodwork etc.
I've tried many stimulans (methylphenidate, Lisdexamphetamin-Dimesylat etc.)

What works for me now is taking modafinil. That isn't really a fix tho. Merely a "bandaid"...
I dont feel more daytime sleepiness than "healthy" people anymore (on most days). But there still are days, on which I can fall asleep anywhere, despite taking medication.

Have you tried any medication against sleepiness/tiredness?
Thanks for the advice. I have not tried any medication for sleepiness or tiredness. Was not really aware of such a thing, i thought it was caffeine that was mainly used but i heard that can be addictive and dangerous if taken too much so i dont like to rely on it.

Thanks for the advice. I have not tried any medication for sleepiness or tiredness. Was not really aware of such a thing, i thought it was caffeine that was mainly used but i heard that can be addictive and dangerous if taken too much so i dont like to rely on it.
Have you been to a sleep laboratory? Perhaps conduct a polysomnography and MSLT? Just to rule out other possible sources of the sleepiness.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00